Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

2 hours ago, Hayseed said:

And Vedral is from Wahoo, Nebraska....and followed Frost all over the country...and left because he was told that Scrambles McCaffrey was better than him according to all the message board experts.....and I bet Rutgers had some of the worst recruiting classes in the conference.

Are you saying that lol he message boards ran him off?!!!?!!!?!?!???   Do you really think the players get in here and read this crap.  They don’t, the coaches don’t.  Just us crazed fans do (I’m guilty too)

57 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

Are you saying that lol he message boards ran him off?!!!?!!!?!?!???   Do you really think the players get in here and read this crap.  They don’t, the coaches don’t.  Just us crazed fans do (I’m guilty too)

No, I'm saying the message board experts declared him to be the obvious choice at QB...which in hindsight is Mclaughable...and Frost felt pressured to play this guy who obviously wasn't ready.... and that was the signal for other guys to look for better options than sitting on the bench behind the coach's favorite and the fan favorite. 
This all seems pretty obvious to me. 
You're living in a delusional state if you think players don't know what fans are saying....especially when it's backed up by action from the coach.

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Word is we actually haven't offered Thompson yet.  Callahan thinks we have someone else in mind but he doesn't know who.  He thinks we're interested in Purdy as a long-term option and someone else with experience.

Purdy might be a great quarterback...I'm sure Whipple has seen far more of his ability than I have. Contrary to popular opinion, I don't think AD Alberts is looking for a quick fix.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

No, I'm saying the message board experts declared him to be the obvious choice at QB...which in hindsight is Mclaughable...and Frost felt pressured to play this guy who obviously wasn't ready.... and that was the signal for other guys to look for better options than sitting on the bench behind the coach's favorite and the fan favorite. 
This all seems pretty obvious to me. 
You're living in a delusional state if you think players don't know what fans are saying....especially when it's backed up by action from the coach.

Who anointed certain posters as experts?

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

Word is we actually haven't offered Thompson yet.  Callahan thinks we have someone else in mind but he doesn't know who.  He thinks we're interested in Purdy as a long-term option and someone else with experience.

Someone not in the portal yet? 

8 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

It's more like a mob. Several mobs actually, with a couple other boards having most of the experts.
Oh, I forgot, also add YouTube and other sites to the most analyzed 3-win team in history.

Those in mobs aren't very wishy washy and typically follow up their words with action.

There's a fair degree of wishy washiness on message boards and many couldn't back up their words in actuality when presented the opportunity. (Lol) What you really mean, I think, is tribes not mobs. People within said groups that are often affected by emotion and aren't terribly rational with what is professed.  ;)

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

Someone not in the portal yet? 

JT Daniels? :dunno  Or just go after any Bama backup QB since who wants to sit behind a 4 year starter anymore?  Plus Mr. Whipple can now turn you into a Heisman contender and 1st round draft pick. Gotta get with the times.