Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

"I'm entering portal, secretly leaning on USC with my coach Lincoln Riley, but I might stay at Oklahoma"

- Caleb Williams

"Yesss.  I'm so there now"

-Casey Thompson

3 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

"Damn" - Caleb Williams

"You m'fing c$%k blocker" - Casey Thompson

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, RichardHangslow said:

Years from now these players that transfer 5 or 6 times telling their grandchildren about what college was like and having to explain that they transferred 6 times and ended up with a major in the theory of underwater  basket weaving. 

They only get 1 "free transfer".  A 2nd transfer would make them sit out a year.

• Plus1 1

I’d think one QB is enough with the ones already in the room.  They warranted scholarships before and none have proven to be bad. We haven’t seen them because Frost preferred AM. Frost says he’s very selective. If so, let’s see what he has selected.  They deserve a shot. It’s unfair to dismiss them especially when behind Adrian - the chosen one - who came before.  They’ve waited patiently and stuck with the team so far.  One more - if he truly fits and really wants to be a Husker. But no promises - just a fair chance to compete and earn the job.  Just my feeling.  

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

From all you read, seems like a good get.  I am guessing his collarbone had some concerned.  Has got to be good that Whip was talking to him while at Pitt.  Seems to know what he wants in a QB.  I like that he Chubba was a rated dual threat QB.  Not a pro style.  I'm partial to a QB that can run.  Not the primary rush threat, but can force a DC to worry about him.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, lo country said:

From all you read, seems like a good get.  I am guessing his collarbone had some concerned.  Has got to be good that Whip was talking to him while at Pitt.  Seems to know what he wants in a QB.  I like that he Chubba was a rated dual threat QB.  Not a pro style.  I'm partial to a QB that can run.  Not the primary rush threat, but can force a DC to worry about him.

Purdy is also listed at 6'2" and 215 lbs.  That would be 20 pounds heavier than Smothers, and hopefully would make him more durable from a week to week basis.   I know he broke his collarbone, but I consider broken bones more "freak injuries" which can happen to any QB, regardless of size.

• Plus1 2