Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

3 hours ago, runningblind said:

This was my thought initially.  There'd be some excitement but then only the guys who have proven things on the field end up getting deals.  It makes little sense to give money to guys who haven't even played.

Other than, you’re paying a recruit to come to your school. 

Basically, doing what used to be against the rules. 

26 minutes ago, runningblind said:

True but how many will just bail like Ewers? Negative ROI will have businesses changing their minds on freshman I think.

I find it somewhat comical that businesses would expect much of a return on investment in these situations. Did any of you start buying degree deodorant when Adrian got involved with them?

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I find it somewhat comical that businesses would expect much of a return on investment in these situations. Did any of you start buying degree deodorant when Adrian got involved with them?

I think it's better for local businesses throwing a few hundred bucks towards players, rather than the big autograph or endorsement deals. That burrito place in downtown Lincoln killed it this year after getting NU linemen to be spokesmen for their restaurant. I think they regularly had lines out the door after getting their name out this fall. 

• Plus1 3
22 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

ROI can include helping your school if that was your goal.  Having these kids just bail is not doing that either.  Do you like throwing away money for no reason? Businesses sure don't.

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

This is what I've been able to steal from other sites compile:

WR

Isaiah Garcia-Castaneda - New Mexico State - 3-for-2

Tyrese Chambers - Florida International - 2 years of eligibility

OL

Sione Finau - Florida international

Miles Frazier - Florida International - 3 years of eligibility

Hunter Nourzad - Cornell - 1 year of eligibility

DE

Jared Verse - Albany- 3 years of eligibility\

DB

MJ Griffin - Temple - 3 years of eligibility

Ryan Stapp - Abeline Christian - 2 years of eligibility

K

Timmy Bleekrod - Fuhrman - 3 years of eligibility

Stapp on campus as we speak 

30 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think it's better for local businesses throwing a few hundred bucks towards players, rather than the big autograph or endorsement deals. That burrito place in downtown Lincoln killed it this year after getting NU linemen to be spokesmen for their restaurant. I think they regularly had lines out the door after getting their name out this fall. 

Yeah, makes much more sense for local food establishments than anyone else.

15 minutes ago, runningblind said:

ROI can include helping your school if that was your goal.  Having these kids just bail is not doing that either.  Do you like throwing away money for no reason? Businesses sure don't.

Yeah, I guess. As a business owner myself, it wouldn't be the kind of advertisement I'd be interested in, outside of just wanting to associate my business with Nebraska football for my own satisfaction.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Mavric said:

This is what I've been able to steal from other sites compile:

WR

Isaiah Garcia-Castaneda - New Mexico State - 3-for-2

Tyrese Chambers - Florida International - 2 years of eligibility

OL

Sione Finau - Florida international

Miles Frazier - Florida International - 3 years of eligibility

Hunter Nourzad - Cornell - 1 year of eligibility

DE

Jared Verse - Albany- 3 years of eligibility\

DB

MJ Griffin - Temple - 3 years of eligibility

Ryan Stapp - Abeline Christian - 2 years of eligibility

K

Timmy Bleekrod - Fuhrman - 3 years of eligibility

Here is a link to some of the above,  Good profile info.  Looks like NU is moving quickly to plug/improve some areas.

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/LongFormArticle/Nebraska-Huskers-football-transfer-portal-offers-Scott-Frost-177232902/#177232902_9