Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

4 hours ago, admo said:

I don't believe it.  Was it confirmed?

IIRC, it was somewhat overblown but there was definitely something to him being mad and being away from the team/threatening to go home.  Along those lines anyway.

He has a history of not being able to get his off-the-field stuff together.  That doesn't seem to be in dispute at this point.

• Plus1 7
  • Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, Mavric said:

IIRC, it was somewhat overblown but there was definitely something to him being mad and being away from the team/threatening to go home.  Along those lines anyway.

He has a history of not being able to get his off-the-field stuff together.  That doesn't seem to be in dispute at this point.

Thanks.  I remember the reports at the time.  I don't disagree about being mad and away from the team.  I had a hard time believing he refused to go into a game, without being hurt or dinged up.  Esp since they gave him a schollie and he didn't have a lot of opportunities to get on the field.  Although I could see him refusing to go out on ST for an injured player, which would make sense I suppose. 

13 minutes ago, admo said:

I had a hard time believing he refused to go into a game, without being hurt or dinged up.

Look at the last drive of the game against Ohio St.  RJ just got dinged and bowl eligibility was on the line.  And we trot out Stepp who hadn't played in weeks.  Things that make you go hmmm...

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Look at the last drive of the game against Ohio St.  RJ just got dinged and bowl eligibility was on the line.  And we trot out Stepp who hadn't played in weeks.  Things that make you go hmmm...

Thank you. I clearly remember that  (I don't drink during games, just after games). I was curious and wondered if it's was a decision to go with an experienced back.  If that's truly the case, wow, Yant should be ashamed and receive criticism for sure.

7 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

I'm now curious as well.  I'm just going off what I saw during games.  I liked him...

There was one game which a coach(not sure) mentioned Yant was being punished (not sure if this was the right word) for not going in when we was told to. It was a later game and not Michigan. I know it’s not Michigan because after that game  Frost said that he was pulled for missing a hole on the 3rd quarter.   Of course Rj had an outstanding game, but still one hole got him in the doghouse.  He didn’t screw up big, just got a crossed up a little. 

Frost has also publicly fat shamed him and implied he was lazy. Which says a lot from a coach who refuses to comment on the health status of players. 

19 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

There was one game which a coach(not sure) mentioned Yant was being punished (not sure if this was the right word) for not going in when we was told to. It was a later game and not Michigan. I know it’s not Michigan because after that game  Frost said that he was pulled for missing a hole on the 3rd quarter.   Of course Rj had an outstanding game, but still one hole got him in the doghouse.  He didn’t screw up big, just got a crossed up a little. 

Frost has also publicly fat shamed him and implied he was lazy. Which says a lot from a coach who refuses to comment on the health status of players. 

Yant screwed up more than you're trying to make it sound like.....on and off the field.

He needs to become a reliable teammate.  Period.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1