Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

32 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t know why there isn’t a dedicated thread for portal and juco pick ups just like for the yearly recruiting classes. I’d do it but there are a lot of others who follow it much more closely than I do.

No problem homie!  Well actually, it took almost half an hour to dig threw it all lol

2 hours ago, Decked said:

DL got their lunch ate without Daniels. I wouldn’t take any chances. Neither was the staff. 

To my novice eye the problems were more on the edge and 2nd/3rd level the last few games. Against Wisconsin everyone got blown off the ball including the DL, but the rest of that game (and Iowa) was a lot of bad tackling on the back end. We really missed Williams and Domann - a lot of 5-10 yard gains broke a lot longer. And CTB's hit stick attempt cost us something like 60 yards. 

I could definitely be wrong, and either way I would've wanted Silvera. But I think the Daniels > Hutmacher downgrade was at most the 3rd biggest reason the run defense got worse down the stretch. Give him another year of S&C and I think we're ok. Problem is reasons 1 and 2 for the run D regression also need to be replaced.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

IMO we need a pass rusher much worse than a NT. Robinson, Rogers, Riley, Nash are good enough. Nelson and Payne can slide down to DE in a 4-3. 

Trying to pluck the TCU guy but your chances of getting a pass rusher are very slim unless you are an elite team. 

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

IMO we need a pass rusher much worse than a NT. Robinson, Rogers, Riley, Nash are good enough. Nelson and Payne can slide down to DE in a 4-3. 

I agree on the need for edge rusher, desperately needed. I do like what I have seen from Nelson in that regard, but he reminds me more of a "Tomich" (who is one of my favorite DL) rusher (power and leverage)...need a Wistrom (Speed, power AND leverage)