Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

9 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Gifford was a promised a scholarship after his first year. Snodgrass was always scholarship. If Hixson isnt in the 2 deep he shouldnt have a scholarship. I have no problem with any of the others moving out to make room. I hope we get much more cutthroat in terms of moving non contributors out. You may have handful of guys that you see as long-term projects that you keep but you can't do it to your entire roster. 

We also have 2 super Sr who won't play.

The staff has done a phenomenal job so far this class. There's a couple of guys I would love to see them pick up that would be great finishing touches to this class.

Logan Sagapolu out of Oregon 

OC/OG 6'3 340 (4for4)

Between going on mission, covid and a redshirt year he's basically a 20 year old redshirt freshman with 4 years of eligibility and would give us a legitimate center option who at the minimum would be a multi position backup who gives us another option to allow others to move around.

And

Naquan Brown out of Pitt

DE/OLB 6'2 205 (4for4 or 5for4 depending on how the covid year works)

He will have to hit the weight room and get up to the 225-230 range but then could slide in and play DE and OLB in JoJo's old role. He's quick and has good burst off the line. He's not super tall but he has a great wingspan and elite athleticism. I have no idea why he went to Pitt, he doesn't fit what Narduzi does at all but he would be absolutely great in Chinander's.

• Plus1 1

So are there any Offensive Linemen or Defensive Linemen (that we can convert to Offensive Linemen) that are still in the portal worth looking at (and that Nebraska is in on)?

I mean, I'm happy to hear about all of the skill position success we've had, and I'm happy we have a new O-Line coach, but if he doesn't have anything to work with...then aren't these efforts all for naught?

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

So are there any Offensive Linemen or Defensive Linemen (that we can convert to Offensive Linemen) that are still in the portal worth looking at (and that Nebraska is in on)?

I mean, I'm happy to hear about all of the skill position success we've had, and I'm happy we have a new O-Line coach, but if he doesn't have anything to work with...then aren't these efforts all for naught?

issue with NU is that we have talented youth, we're sending freshman to redshirt sophomores up against 6th year seniors!   I'm thinking we need to get some juniors/Seniors that have lots of game experience to work the line.  the freshman to sophomores will be really good in 2-3 years when they are seniors.  Unfortunately, these coaches may not be around to see that... 

11 hours ago, HANC said:

Allen is now visiting? My goodness, how many rb are we going to grab. I say, 1 more, if Allen wants in. He could be prize get.

Anthony Grant looks like a prized prospect. Emmett Johnson looks really good on video. Of course we don’t know how any of them will be until we actually see them play. With that said, if Allen comes, I won’t complain. But I like to see more OLs and DLs and an edge pass rusher more. 

• Plus1 1