Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

2 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Frost admitted (to Benning recently) that he messed up by trying to win early and not focus on building the culture and team development.

So you are saying the last 4 years was Frost trying to win? 

Holy s#!t I would have felt better if he was sacrificing wins for culture. If the last 4 years is what it looks like trying to win what will it look like if we sacrifice wins for culture?

How the s#!t is playing walk on receivers trying to win with Manning and Betts on the bench.

• Plus1 6
2 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Frost admitted (to Benning recently) that he messed up by trying to win early and not focus on building the culture and team development.

Wait what? I thought it was the opposite, that Frost was playing the long game trying to instill culture and building blocks.

If he was trying to win early at the cost of culture then.... why the f#&% didn't we win anything?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Wait what? I thought it was the opposite, that Frost was playing the long game trying to instill culture and building blocks.

If he was trying to win early at the cost of culture then.... why the f#&% didn't we win anything?

Because he had guys like MoWa, Bell, Speilman, accused rapists, and others detract from the team. (Do you not remember players getting kicked outta the locker room?) Like I said, it’s either he’s gone in October (because it’s all excuses) or he has learned from his mistakes and is building something. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So you are saying the last 4 years was Frost trying to win? 

Holy s#!t I would have felt better if he was sacrificing wins for culture. If the last 4 years is what it looks like trying to win what will it look like if we sacrifice wins for culture?

How the s#!t is playing walk on receivers trying to win with Manning and Betts on the bench.

I’m saying what was expressed on 1620. 

3 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I am content with being a top 25 program with an occasional top 10 team every few years. I honestly feel like that may be our ceiling now. 

We are a long way from top 25 yet.  May have a QB now but idk.  If you go back and compare the QB and offensive stats of the UCF v Auburn bowl game, the numbers are eerily close to what Frost has done for 4 seasons in Lincoln.  Scoring. Yards.  Run pass mix.  Even special teams actually.  Difference was that UCF won by a defense pick 6.  Offensive still only scored about 28.  Def allowed 28.  Many other UCF games were vs lesser opponents below Big Ten caliber generally - ala Buffalo or even weaker.  

I believe the current talent, O line excepted, is better than at least half the Big Ten we play.   I am not confident we are better than UCF was but should be.  Too many issues across the entire team imo.  I will hope but will no longer be surprised and therefore disappointed if we don’t win.  Neb fans should be able to expect 9 wins with a chance for more, but that is not an honest and rational expectation given the state of the program as of today.   Whipple may be able to truly remix and revise the offense enough to find 31 pts a game.  STs can improve relative field position by as much as 60 - 75 yards a game, with better fg kicking etc.  that could add another 2-3 pts a game.  If Chins keeps defense pts under 26, that should reverse the 3-9 to 9-3. Dramatic.  Busch could do even better if good returns are created. 

Incremental improvement is more likely unfortunately and that may not get us over that hump.  Time will tell. 

22 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

if Iowa could develop a QB they might have something. 

I tell that to my Iowa fan buddy all the time.  You'd crush this division if you ever found anything more than a game manager.  He says "look how many Iowa QBs are in the NFL!". Then I say,  "yeah,  they're all career backups because they are just stop gap game managers".

50 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Seems like the same old story doesn't it? Iowa and Wisconsin are laughing at us while they develop their lines.

I don't understand the narrative that Iowa and Wisconsin are on the same level in terms of O-line development.  Wisconsin has been a powerhouse rushing the ball for a decade.  Iowa rarely finishes in the top half of the nation in rush yards per game.  Nebraska, crappy O-line and all, has been a far better rushing team than Iowa since Frost arrived.

13 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I don't understand the narrative that Iowa and Wisconsin are on the same level in terms of O-line development.  Wisconsin has been a powerhouse rushing the ball for a decade.  Iowa rarely finishes in the top half of the nation in rush yards per game.  Nebraska, crappy O-line and all, has been a far better rushing team than Iowa since Frost arrived.

Mostly due to how it seems they have an OL drafted every year. 

• Plus1 4