Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

46 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I don't understand the narrative that Iowa and Wisconsin are on the same level in terms of O-line development.  Wisconsin has been a powerhouse rushing the ball for a decade.  Iowa rarely finishes in the top half of the nation in rush yards per game.  Nebraska, crappy O-line and all, has been a far better rushing team than Iowa since Frost arrived.

Iowa maybe a step down on OL from Wisconsin,  and they do get a ton drafted, but I meant lines as in both sides of the ball. 

We are 0-4 against Iowa. Whatever they are doing to develop their guys, I'd look at it.

Frost has had enough talent to win every year he has been here.  The element lacking? A HC and/or staff.

Regarding a top 10 or top 25 team?  Buy one.  It's that simple.  A&M just showed the recipe.  This isn't college football anymore. Want to win?  Pay for players. It's all legal. Offer a car, house for family who cares anymore.  

The new hires are a step in the right direction. Perhaps too late.  Perhaps not.  Would love to see Frost get enough time to be mentored and grow as a coach and stay until he chooses to leave.  

We've done very well in the transfer portal.  I'm impressed.  And impressed with the coaches he's brought in.

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

New prize of the transfer portal - FCS All-Americans ^. Take them all day over JUCOs or D1 transfers who didn't cut it for whatever reason at their old school. Excited to add Omar Brown. 

Not official yet but likely will be before Monday 

8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This line of thought is just ridiculous.  We aren't "too far gone to ever be elite again".  Really, a blue blood or any team that has been viewed as one in the last 50 years is really never "too far gone".

You need the right support, right coaching staff and right players and all of a sudden you're back.  Look at how long it had been for Georgia since they won an NC.  Heck, we have beat them in the last 10 years.

Georgia was never nearly as far gone as Nebraska is.  Georgia posts double digit wins far more often than they post losing records.  Going from regularly winning 10-13 games a year to a national championship is not as much of a jump as it would be to go from posting a losing record every year to winning a national championship.

I don't think building an elite program is an all of a sudden venture.  It certainly wasn't for Georgia.  There's zero good reason to think it would be for Nebraska.  That's what I would call a ridiculous line of thought.

To me Nebraska is much more comparable to a program like Tennessee.  I think we can go from 3 wins to 7 wins in one year's time like they did.  That's a realistic expectation.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Georgia was never nearly as far gone as Nebraska is.  Georgia posts double digit wins far more often than they post losing records.  Going from regularly winning 10-13 games a year to a national championship is not as much of a jump as it would be to go from posting a losing season every year to winning a national championship.

I don't think building an elite program is an all of a sudden venture.  It certainly wasn't for Georgia.  There's zero good reason to think it would be for Nebraska.  That's what I would call a ridiculous line of thought.

To me Nebraska is much more comparable to a program like Tennessee.  I think we can go from 3 wins to 7 wins in one year's time like they did.  That's a realistic expectation.

I suspect you would need several years of winning records and building off of those to get back into the national championship picture at NU.  for now, the goal should be winning records, then confernce (west) titles, they BIG titles.   Doubt that will happen in a single season,  probably need 2-3 winning seasons and good recruiting to get a BIG title game/win.