Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

42 minutes ago, lo country said:

My bad, Indiana.  My comment wasn't aimed at you, but people think it will be easier.  The 2 cupcakes and neither Rutgers or Indiana are gimmes.   We are 0-4 against Iowa and Wiskey.  0-2 against Michigan.  OU will be solid with Venables at the helm.  1-3 against Purdue, 2-2 against Illinois, 2-2 against NW, 1-0 against Indiana and 1-0 against Rutgers.  Unsure if we have beat a team with a winning record since 2018.  I just don't see anything in the pst 4 years that makes me think anything will be easy or easier for NU moving forward next year. 2023?  Absolutely.  Next year, just too many questions.  QB, Center, NT, scheme, cohesiveness of team.  I'm hoping that with ST play and the new O staff we make some improvements where it counts and that's in the win column.  I'm cautiously optimistic.  

Indiana beat Frost’s Huskers in Lincoln…

Nebraska does exchange OSU and MSU for “easier” games against Rutgers and Indians.  But what does that mean?  There’s a better chance to win 4 or 5 games instead of just the 3?

All the question marks you mentioned plus the fact that Frost hasn’t shown he can get results has me pretty down on the prospects of 2022.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, funhusker said:

Nebraska does exchange OSU and MSU for “easier” games against Rutgers and Indians.  But what does that mean?  There’s a better chance to win 4 or 5 games instead of just the 3?

All the question marks you mentioned plus the fact that Frost hasn’t shown he can get results has me pretty down on the prospects of 2022.  

Thanks.  I was back and forth between windows.  Now you make it look even worse.  LOL.  I'm still 4-8/5-7.  As you mentioned this is "better" and maybe it's because it is "easier", but sure not where I thought we'd be in year 5.  Looking at a 2 game improvement at 507 and our best record since 2019 under Frost.  1-8 in conference last year.  Best has been 3 conference wins since he's been here.  SMH....

2 hours ago, Huskinator said:

You really think riola was hired because of his brother?!?!  I hope that’s just sarcasm.

Well it sure as hell didn't hurt his job prospects, here...

17 hours ago, funhusker said:

15-0 WORLD CHAMPS MUTHAAAAA

• Haha 1

Something is bugging me tonight as I'm thinking about the OL - I've seen a lot of sentiment similar to "the portal isn't over, wait to see who we can grab in May"

Am I crazy for thinking that anyone we get in May will be leaving because they couldn't start at their current school? I guess, not starting at another school still makes it very plausible you're better than our starters lol. But I don't think we'll see impact type guys in May.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

Something is bugging me tonight as I'm thinking about the OL - I've seen a lot of sentiment similar to "the portal isn't over, wait to see who we can grab in May"

Am I crazy for thinking that anyone we get in May will be leaving because they couldn't start at their current school? I guess, not starting at another school still makes it very plausible you're better than our starters lol. But I don't think we'll see impact type guys in May.

Maybe we could get lucky and grab someone else kinda like other's scenarios.  Got hurt couldn't get their spot back.  Doesn't necessarily mean they aren't good just means the other guy is better.  Plus I'm sure everyone would jump for joy say if Alabama's backup left tackle decided to transfer to Nebraska 

11 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

The two main scenarios in the portal are:

a). A player is not starting at current school.

b). Starting at a lower level and want to move up to prove themselves.

Every once in a while, you could see a player who is starting transfer similar to Thompson, but that's usually because of a coaching change and, I believe, that's more likely a skill position and not linemen.

So, when looking at linemen coming in, chances are they are not going to be a starter or they are going to be a starter at a lower level.

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The two main scenarios in the portal are:

a). A player is not starting at current school.

b). Starting at a lower level and want to move up to prove themselves.

Every once in a while, you could see a player who is starting transfer similar to Thompson, but that's usually because of a coaching change and, I believe, that's more likely a skill position and not linemen.

So, when looking at linemen coming in, chances are they are not going to be a starter or they are going to be a starter at a lower level.

I think several players this year have left  due to coaches leaving.  It has been a weird year.

• Plus1 1