Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

14 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Wow, Jayden Daniels from ASU in the portal.  It must be stinky down in Tempe.

It is an absolute s**t show at ASU now. Most of the coaching staff is gone, and I'm not sure how Herm still has his job. He was on the hot seat for results before the allegations really started to grow. I guess it really helps being good friends with the AD.

Daniels is a good kid, but he hasn't been great on the field. He's an average QB, but hopefully he lands somewhere and does well. Him announcing his intention to come back kept ASU after going after Rattler very hard in the portal as well. Going to be a few long years in Tempe. 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

It is an absolute s**t show at ASU now. Most of the coaching staff is gone, and I'm not sure how Herm still has his job. He was on the hot seat for results before the allegations really started to grow. I guess it really helps being good friends with the AD.

Daniels is a good kid, but he hasn't been great on the field. He's an average QB, but hopefully he lands somewhere and does well. Him announcing his intention to come back kept ASU after going after Rattler very hard in the portal as well. Going to be a few long years in Tempe. 

Is his former agent still the AD?

• Plus1 3

I don't really understand the entire story but apparently Daniel's mother used her credit card to pay for some recruits to visit ASU in return for from what I understand were promises from the coaches about something. Dunno if it was about Daniel's spot on the depth chart or what. But the charges predate nil. Dunno if now that nil is a thing there's still a problem or not but payments trading recruits hotel and travel costs in return for something from the coaches still seems like it wouldn't fall under nil? But who knows. 

The identical twins out of Dallas combined for 26 1/2 tackles for loss and 15 1/2 sacks last season for the Mean Green. Their stats were as close to identical as they are, with Grayson having 8 1/2 sacks and 14 1/2 TFLs and Gabriel picking up 7 sacks and 12 TFLs.

Now this is where you might ask, 'Everyone else probably a wants a 2-for-1 deal on this one too, right?' And that would be mostly correct, as the twins have racked up a strong collection of offers since entering the portal on Jan. 27.

247Sports' Chris Hummer included their names on Feb. 11 when accounting for some of the best unsigned players still in the portal. He wrote then, "The twins have received offers from Penn State, UCLA, USC, West Virginia, Kansas, Oregon State and have heard from many others. Gabriel Murphy told 247Sports the brothers do plan to play together at their next stop.

• Plus1 1