Jump to content

Portal Transfer Targets


ndobney

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

 

Because of the coaching I don't think we've seen the best of any of the receivers, Liewer included. He did break the old pro agility record and is 6'4 (ok, probably 6'1 & 3/4) so I'm willing to reserve judgement if he does work his way onto the field again. But I hope his playing time is minimal and mostly comes at the end of long drives or against North Dakota for sure, there are guys with much higher upside.

Good point, it's Mickey's room and he is way better than any WR coach we've had.  He will find his best 6 guys.  It's safe to say a lot more guys than 6 will get reps in the first 3 games, which will help down the road as well. 

Link to comment

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

 

Fidone's injury is guarded like the nuclear codes.  Brewington isn't an every down TE, dude weighs 185 lbs. 

 

Beckton must trust that Carnie, Rollins, or Boerkircher can be serviceable, but none of them have seen any live action.

 

Can we all agree that Hickman is a non-factor, or are people still holding out hope for him?

He’s been hurt this year too (Hickman) 

 

It’s hard to make chicken salad with chicken s#!t. Mickey may be a great coach..but giving him guys who are FCS level players and trying to make them power 5 level receivers is a tough order 

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

 

Fidone's injury is guarded like the nuclear codes.  Brewington isn't an every down TE, dude weighs 185 lbs. 

 

Beckton must trust that Carnie, Rollins, or Boerkircher can be serviceable, but none of them have seen any live action.

 

Can we all agree that Hickman is a non-factor, or are people still holding out hope for him?

What does it say about Frost’s ‘eye’ for WR talent when our best receiver, so far, is a transfer from Dakota, out of small bus load of guys?  And still recruiting them with so many other positions with inadequate depth or ify starters.  
 

I really dont recall that many issues with his receivers costing us games. Other areas of much greater value and need imo.  

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment

7 minutes ago, Decked said:

He’s been hurt this year too (Hickman) 

 

It’s hard to make chicken salad with chicken s#!t. Mickey may be a great coach..but giving him guys who are FCS level players and trying to make them power 5 level receivers is a tough order 

Mickey ain't making no chicken salad.  He's better than that.

Give him tuna fish and he will tuna piano with it. 

 

Ok I'm outta here lol.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Decked said:

He’s been hurt this year too (Hickman) 

 

It’s hard to make chicken salad with chicken s#!t. Mickey may be a great coach..but giving him guys who are FCS level players and trying to make them power 5 level receivers is a tough order 

I'm with you. He did great with first round picks and Joe Burrow. Let's see how he does with our unproven bunch first before we say he is the best WR coach in the conference or anything like that.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

What does it say about Frost’s ‘eye’ for WR talent when our best receiver, so far, is a transfer from Dakota, out of small bus load of guys?  And still recruiting them with so many other positions with inadequate depth or ify starters.  
 

I really dont recall that many issues with his receivers costing us games. Other areas of much greater value and need imo.  

I think it's been a combination of some poor recruiting, including what was here when he got here, and poor developement.  But Mickey essentially came in and put the 2021 WR recruiting class (Hardy, Neville, Grimes) on notice and it's already been stated that Victor Jones, who is the one receiver not recruited by Joseph in the 2022 class, is also going to struggle to see the field here.  They are only freshman and there is a good chance that all 4 of those guys will be recuited over and pushed out by next year so.  That in itself is pretty telling if he doesn't even think it's worth trying to develop them further.  

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Red Five said:

 

Fidone's injury is guarded like the nuclear codes.  Brewington isn't an every down TE, dude weighs 185 lbs. 

 

Beckton must trust that Carnie, Rollins, or Boerkircher can be serviceable, but none of them have seen any live action.

 

Can we all agree that Hickman is a non-factor, or are people still holding out hope for him?

I know they have moved him back and forth but even as a tight end he looks pretty slow.  Unless he has an insane vertical and velcro hands I don't really see where his niche is.

 

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I know they have moved him back and forth but even as a tight end he looks pretty slow.  Unless he has an insane vertical and velcro hands I don't really see where his niche is.

 

Niche is putting defensive backs on their butt in the end zone 

Link to comment

1 hour ago, Farms said:

I think it's been a combination of some poor recruiting, including what was here when he got here, and poor developement.  But Mickey essentially came in and put the 2021 WR recruiting class (Hardy, Neville, Grimes) on notice and it's already been stated that Victor Jones, who is the one receiver not recruited by Joseph in the 2022 class, is also going to struggle to see the field here.  They are only freshman and there is a good chance that all 4 of those guys will be recuited over and pushed out by next year so.  That in itself is pretty telling if he doesn't even think it's worth trying to develop them further.  

I said this prior as well and agree. Neville, Grimes, Hardy, and Jones will not finish their careers at Nebraska if I had to guess. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
40 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I said this prior as well and agree. Neville, Grimes, Hardy, and Jones will not finish their careers at Nebraska if I had to guess. 

 

Grimes might, but yeah everyone immediately got recruited over. Which is fine by me, WR recruiting had been a lot of projects. They could all turn into good receivers, but adding guys with a better chance is great.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...