Jump to content

Portal Transfer Targets


ndobney

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Huskinator said:

Seeing what the parents are saying… seeing who he  hired… seeing all in the works.   I don’t believe he will be fired next year pending an 0-7 start. I think he’s bought a few more years 

So you think we can have a losing season still and he keeps his job? That would be ridiculous and we'd be a bigger joke than we are right now.

Link to comment

I don't think Nebraska is going to have a losing season so I don't think that Scott Frost and his staff have anything to worry about. You don't believe that the coaches like Micky Joseph who can recruit and develop go look up Ja'maar Chase. Three star high school recruit who is unbelievable now in the NFL. Mark Whipple can coach I mean those guys wouldn't have come here unless they didn't believe in themselves and SF. I know it's easy to be pessimistic on how the football team has been but this is a new team with new coaches. I'm optimistic about what the future holds and it would help the program if anybody else doubts that too. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, runningblind said:

So you think we can have a losing season still and he keeps his job? That would be ridiculous and we'd be a bigger joke than we are right now.

I think it’s a non issue as I think we will see a bowl game.  That being said, I do think he’s bought a lot of good will being willing to take constructive criticism and grow.


 We all said it when he came in… he’s a young coach with a lot to learn… he’s learning infront of us and took some major strides this off-season.  I truly believe we are seeing the makings of a good coach infront of us.  

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

I think it’s a non issue as I think we will see a bowl game.  That being said, I do think he’s bought a lot of good will being willing to take constructive criticism and grow.


 We all said it when he came in… he’s a young coach with a lot to learn… he’s learning infront of us and took some major strides this off-season.  I truly believe we are seeing the makings of a good coach infront of us.  

I hope it's a non issue but for me that means 8+ wins and genuine improvement.  6-6 with 2 wins over ND and GA Southern wouldn't do it. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment

I don’t think it can be understated how important it is that Frost brought in offensive coaches that can actually make adjustments and force the defense to adjust. For the past four years everyone knew that if it was 3rd and short/medium the qb draw or power was going to be called. The opposing defense never really had to adjust from their pregame planning and the offense would fall flat on its face. Especially in the red zone. Hopefully Whiple and others can change that

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

10 hours ago, runningblind said:

I hope it's a non issue but for me that means 8+ wins and genuine improvement.  6-6 with 2 wins over ND and GA Southern wouldn't do it. 

8+...  Visualize it.  Going to happen.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Gorillahawk said:

I don’t think it can be understated how important it is that Frost brought in offensive coaches that can actually make adjustments and force the defense to adjust. For the past four years everyone knew that if it was 3rd and short/medium the qb draw or power was going to be called. The opposing defense never really had to adjust from their pregame planning and the offense would fall flat on its face. Especially in the red zone. Hopefully Whiple and others can change that

 

And if they called a pass play and it didn't work they were being too cute.

 

When something doesn't work, the coaches obviously should have done something different.

  • Plus1 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
12 hours ago, runningblind said:

So you think we can have a losing season still and he keeps his job? That would be ridiculous and we'd be a bigger joke than we are right now.

 

Ya, that's my view.  I think even if Frost goes 5-7, that with what they brought via coach changes and portal transfers, that he still gets another year.  That's not my opinion/view ... that's just how I see the higher ups view of themselves and the situation.  

 

My season prediction is 5-7.

 

 

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

 

Ya, that's my view.  I think even if Frost goes 5-7, that with what they brought via coach changes and portal transfers, that he still gets another year.  That's not my opinion/view ... that's just how I see the higher ups view of themselves and the situation.  

 

My season prediction is 5-7.

 

Im not going to predict what the record might be but I will say I respectfully disagree with a 5-7 record. That really is saying that the changes they brought in won't make a difference at all coaches and players. Have faith and drink the Kool-aid!!!!

 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...