Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

3 minutes ago, Blackshirt_Simonsen said:

If McKewon is right about the QB not being in the transfer portal yet, I’d love to see Brennan Armstrong from Virginia. Could be waiting to see who they hire to decide if he wants to transfer or I could just be getting my hopes up. :dunno

If we think we have a guy locked up though, it makes you wonder why we would even visit Brennan this past week.  Something happened after we visited Brennan for Gibson to no longer be coming this weekend.

• Plus1 1

25 minutes ago, Blackshirt_Simonsen said:

If McKewon is right about the QB not being in the transfer portal yet, I’d love to see Brennan Armstrong from Virginia. Could be waiting to see who they hire to decide if he wants to transfer or I could just be getting my hopes up. :dunno

Is Duggan in the portal? Seems like it would be a no brainer given his interest in HS, our new QB coach and his situation at TCU.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

Sam said (paraphrasing): "He hasn't entered the portal yet.  He could stay at his school, enter the draft, or enter the portal."

So it is probably someone who has already played 3 or 4 years.

Brennan Armstrong from UVA (mentioned above) makes sense in that scenario.  Whipple is familiar with him since they are in the same conference.  He lost his coach this year.  From 3 days ago -> Brennan Armstrong waiting on NFL evaluation, UVA coaching transition before determining future

2021 stats: 65.3% 404 ypg 31 TDs 10 INTs

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Agree to disagree. IMO we can do things the right way and not bring in a guy like that. 

You think Frost feels the same way?  When he's swinging for the fences to keep his job?  Whipple is a smart guy and he knows 5-star "#1 player in the country" talent can make smart coaches look like geniuses. 

He also seems like a hard a$$ who ain't putting up with some little pissant's sh!t.  I think Whipple could sell Rattler on the NFL, and a chance to stick it to Oklahoma.  

I also don't know about Rattler's misadventures.   Is he a knucklehead or a criminal?

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You think Frost feels the same way?  When he's swinging for the fences to keep his job?  Whipple is a smart guy and he knows 5-star "#1 player in the country" talent can make smart coaches look like geniuses. 

He also seems like a hard a$$ who ain't putting up with some little pissant's sh!t.  I think Whipple could sell Rattler on the NFL, and a chance to stick it to Oklahoma.  

I also don't know about Rattler's misadventures.   Is he a knucklehead or a criminal?

Love the use of the word here.  Thank you for reminding me to put that word back in my daily verbiage.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I agree. If Frost or Whipple feel this kid is correct they will bring him in. Who are we to judge? Its not my job on the line. They are taking every step they can to put a good product on the field. They aren't just going to throw s#!t at a wall. The hate has gone over board for Scott. He is in the middle of making wholesale changes to his offensive coaches and is losing his controversial QB who may or may not have lost him games along the way. Having worries about the direction of the program is fine and should be expected after winning three games last year, but the onslaught of doom and gloom reflects much more on you as a person than the football team itself. The truth is none of us know how it will end up, but if they feel Rattler can help us get there I am on board. 

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Put up the rushing numbers too, that's a big part of being a Nebraska QB. Both of them were benched in their career, both had less than desirable 2021 seasons. One has great character, the other not so much. One was on teams littered with talent, the other wasn't.

The point is why would we get rid of Adrian and go after Rattler when they're not that much different, and Rattler brings a lot more baggage and drama to the party. 

Elite arm talent

Very competitive

Proven ability to win close games at the end

Possibly got humbled a little bit with how the past year played out

And part of me wonders if our offense is full of good talent but very passive personalities and may benefit from a guy bringing a little douchiness into the mix

It could work, it might not, and this all may be completely moot because we might not even have a chance at him, but just pointing things out.

• Plus1 2