Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

3 hours ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Every QB possibility that comes up someone has something negative to say. It's kinda ridiculous how picky some of you are being and think we have the right to be after 4 years of s#!t football! If we get Brennan I'll be shocked, if we get Rattler I'll be shocked! :facepalm:

Well, I wouldn't have anything negative to say about Bryce Young. Think we've got a shot? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Bringing it back up because it was mentioned briefly, but Sam mentioned a QB that the staff would love to have but who isn't in the transfer portal now. The way the conversation was going, though, sounded like it might have been an FCS guy looking at moving up as he also mentioned Vernon Adams around the same conversation. He mentioned that if this QB entered the portal, we would have a very good chance at getting him and that he was not in the portal right now because he's still playing. Who's the SDSU, NDSU, or other FCS QB that might be interesting?

If we wanna go the FCS route, folks may wanna look at the dude from James Madison. Holy smokes...almost 3,300 yards, 37 TDs, 2 INTs, 67.3% Completion percentage

Edited by Jpetermbb
Forget it, this is his 6th year
5 hours ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Bringing it back up because it was mentioned briefly, but Sam mentioned a QB that the staff would love to have but who isn't in the transfer portal now. The way the conversation was going, though, sounded like it might have been an FCS guy looking at moving up as he also mentioned Vernon Adams around the same conversation. He mentioned that if this QB entered the portal, we would have a very good chance at getting him and that he was not in the portal right now because he's still playing. Who's the SDSU, NDSU, or other FCS QB that might be interesting?

Mark Gronowski SDSU. Won a ton of awards as a freshman. I believe tore his ACL in the FCS Championship game this past spring so he did not play this fall. 

• Fire 1
6 hours ago, whateveritis1224 said:

I believe that  was mentioned before Brennan entered the portal. I think it was in reference to him…

9 hours ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Every QB possibility that comes up someone has something negative to say. It's kinda ridiculous how picky some of you are being and think we have the right to be after 4 years of s#!t football! If we get Brennan I'll be shocked, if we get Rattler I'll be shocked! :facepalm:

Tom Brady could be in the portal and HB would have people explaining how he sucks and doesn’t fit here.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
On 12/8/2021 at 6:34 PM, Hedley Lamarr said:

I'm game for like a 20 dollar a month subscription to pay players. I mean sponsor them 

I was bored this morning (as usual) so said my morning prayers, showered and dressed.. too cold to go for a morning walk so I signed in. I started to read the volleyball thread and decided, yeah... $20 a month to support these little ladies and all their efforts, worth it!! 

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I do not have the insider access to it...can you summarize the comments?

Basically their 247 insider heard there was possible mutual interest between Garcia and Nebraska. Miami has a freshman starter who was ACC Rookie of the Year, and Garcia doesn't want to sit behind him for what could be multiple years. Also they are a bunch of idiots who think being a back-up at Miami is better than being a starter at Nebraska. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, SODAKSKERSFAN20 said:

Mark Gronowski SDSU. Won a ton of awards as a freshman. I believe tore his ACL in the FCS Championship game this past spring so he did not play this fall. 

My son attends SDSU and we have watched this kid a lot. He is solid. They easily win NC if he doesn’t go down early in that game. I wouldn’t balk at the idea if we go that route. Would have 3 years. 

13 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Basically their 247 insider heard there was possible mutual interest between Garcia and Nebraska. Miami has a freshman starter who was ACC Rookie of the Year, and Garcia doesn't want to sit behind him for what could be multiple years. Also they are a bunch of idiots who think being a back-up at Miami is better than being a starter at Nebraska. 

To an extent they would be correct. February on South Beach doesn't sound half bad. However, that would be wildly inaccurate if the player has any interest in playing or having a future playing career in football

5 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

To an extent they would be correct. February on South Beach doesn't sound half bad. However, that would be wildly inaccurate if the player has any interest in playing or having a future playing career in football

Yep all about priorities, haha. I'm under the impression that Garcia wants to get some film on tape for the NFL though!