Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

10 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Brennan as a passing QB is wayyyy ahead of Smothers. The only advantage Smothers has over Brennan is his running ability. Maybe we could put in some packages for Smothers in certain situations?

You get about halfway through this and you can see Brennan has some skills against good teams;...can time passes, scramble, throw deep, etc. Mr. Whipple must think he can get him up and running.
Myles Brennan All Career Plays (2017-2020) - YouTube

Another thing about Brennan is that I think he wants to stay someplace close enough to home to where his family can watch him play. I know Tulane was mentioned as another possible landing spot when he first entered the portal. But hey, I've seen Mickey Joseph pull off some amazing things during his time at LSU, so nothing is out of the realm of possibility.

43 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

To an extent they would be correct. February on South Beach doesn't sound half bad. However, that would be wildly inaccurate if the player has any interest in playing or having a future playing career in football

True - but if he does decide to transfer, there are gonna be a whoooooole lotta schools after him. He's an elite QB

• Fire 1

11 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

This is sarcasm right?

No, I think it's more likely we'll have success with a multi-year diamond in the rough unknown like the SDSU or Incarnate Word kids who turn out to be Big Ben's than some rush transfer portal backup with multiple injuries who will cause all our current guys to leave.
Of course Frost is looking for instant success next year due to the angry message board mob...so there's that.

Do you think all our current quarterbacks suck and should just get out of here now? That seems to be the sentiment with this transfer portal frenzy.

Our status with the transfer portal is like Homer Simpson looking for an RV..."This is your section back here, Homer"

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Bigred_inSD said:

Coach Van Dam spilled all over the computers so they had to use tape

It wouldn’t surprise me if they couldn’t afford digital equipment though.  They have to be the only FBS school with a 3 person staff: HC, Asst, and GA.

Really, what they accomplished is pretty remarkable!

• Plus1 1
57 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yep all about priorities, haha. I'm under the impression that Garcia wants to get some film on tape for the NFL though! 

Agreed, I don't know about his playing style but the cache of his name alone could open up some doors to others. Although I'd prefer to get Brad Johnson's kids as they would also have some pull with other potential recruits. Really curious who the staff will be able to snag.

12 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Brennan as a passing QB is wayyyy ahead of Smothers. The only advantage Smothers has over Brennan is his running ability. Maybe we could put in some packages for Smothers in certain situations?

Yeah of course and right now this is probably the way to go, unfortunately for run the ball guy, but don't worry I believe the running game will be what the offense will revolve around once our line improves and we can find a mobile QB that can not turn the ball over much