Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Interesting, glad we’re looking for help in the trenches. OWH said he only started 2 games for N. Colorado? Seems like he would need to make a massive jump to contribute in the B1G. 

Thought it said he started 17. 

looked at the 247 article and it says 17 since his start in the program. 

2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yeah he started 2018 and 2019 then only 2 starts this year, was he hurt or beat out? 

Williams has only played a handful of football games since the 2019 season. UNC canceled its entire schedule in 2020 because of the COVID pandemic - conducting two scrimmages in spring 2021 instead - and Williams missed most of the 2021 season because, in mid-August, a loaded pistol used for what Williams said was recreational shooting practice was found in his backpack unattended in Northern Colorado’s locker room. Williams admitted what happened, and, in mid-September, UNC’s dean of students suspended Williams, among other punishments, through the spring 2022 semester.

UNC’s appeals board, consisting of employee readers, deemed the suspension too harsh and remanded the disciplinary action back to the dean, who only added to punishment, prompting a lawsuit from Williams.

In November, a US District Court judge agreed with Williams, ruling the dean had violated UNC’s disciplinary process. Williams’ suspension was lifted as of Dec. 3. He entered the portal the next day.

OWH

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

UNC didn't play in 2020 due to COVID and he had a gun in his locker this past fall, and the UNC Dean unfairly suspended him from school this past semester. 

Ah crazy situation. I thought that was odd as we wouldn’t be going after a kid who got beat out at that level. He would have been a 3 year starter, nice experience to add to the OL room. 

9 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Ah crazy situation. I thought that was odd as we wouldn’t be going after a kid who got beat out at that level. He would have been a 3 year starter, nice experience to add to the OL room. 

This kid is also from Omaha North and was getting looks at a couple MAC schools. I know that Mickey Joseph got his start in coaching at Omaha North (albeit a long time ago) but I wonder if Joseph did his due diligence on the kid with the North coaches. 

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t think it’s putting all your eggs in one basket to try to bring in a QB who has a history of performing better than anyone currently on the roster. Competition is a good thing and we can’t avoid it over the prospect of a QB possibly transferring out. It is a make or break year for Frost. 2AM was definitely better than Smothers yet he couldn’t do better than 3-9. I don’t think much of that dismal record was 2AMs fault but still you improve the position if you can.

If our OL and STs don’t improve it wouldn’t matter if we had Joe Burrow or CJ Stroud back there.

I think a bunch of recruiting fanatics are putting most of their eggs in the portal basket. If 4* Logan Smothers of Ole Miss had put his name in the portal, many Husker fans would be foaming at the mouth over the prospect of landing him. I do have confidence in what a proven QB whisperer like Whipple sees in a player though. I just think we've seen way too much of this grass is greener stuff in the last 20 years. And the point people are making about fixing everything else is a good one if we really want to make a difference.

• Plus1 1