Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

39 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Really?  

so, when Johnson was healthy he was worthless?

Not. 

For me, 4 years of some crazy rotation that never made any sense.  Guy would play lights out and then be seen a milk carton.  RJ was 5th and Yant was an after thought heading into the season.  This changed, once the season started, but how does the RB coach get 4 other dudes in front of him wrong.  After watching our RB's for years, I'd trust Held's opinion/analysis about as far as I could throw him.  And yes, RJ did well.  But him starting, based on Held's observation is not enough for me to say he was the best.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, lo country said:

For me, 4 years of some crazy rotation that never made any sense.  Guy would play lights out and then be seen a milk carton.  RJ was 5th and Yant was an after thought heading into the season.  This changed, once the season started, but how does the RB coach get 4 other dudes in front of him wrong.  After watching our RB's for years, I'd trust Held's opinion/analysis about as far as I could throw him.  And yes, RJ did well.  But him starting, based on Held's observation is not enough for me to say he was the best.  

Valid points. But that doesn’t mean al of our RBs were worthless. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
55 minutes ago, lo country said:

Apparently we have a bunch of knuckleheads in the rb  room. At least that’s what I gathered from the occasional coaches comment 

and I think we drew up new game plans each week and if a guy fit that weeks plan, it was his week. 

A combination of the two is my guess 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Valid points. But that doesn’t mean al of our RBs were worthless. 

I agree. hope it didn't come off that way.  Our woes on lack of success on the offensive side rest squarely on the staff.  The kids came in highly rated.  Great recruits.  I just don't think they were put in the best decision to succeed.  OL didn't help, but I always thought we had the most discombobulated rotation/use of any program I have seen

43 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Hmmmm.  In the right scheme....

55 minutes ago, Bigred_inSD said:

Something tells me it will be Bo

Call me crazy, but doesn't this seem much like trading Martinez for Auburn's version of Martinez???

Will his ankle even be ready for spring ball? 

Love getting a senior qb with big game experience. Just not sure its better than we had. Maybe both just needed a fresh start and will be all the better for it.

• Plus1 1