Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

9 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

When your program sucks as bad as ours does right now, change is never a bad thing. Not sure what exactly you are clamoring for.  If Frost does nothing and just rolls out again next year with Adrian at the helm and the exact same staff, he gets lambasted for the definition of insanity. He upends the turnip truck, he gets lambasted for all of the change. Change is the key to improvement when you area staring up from the bottom. 

You are right, he has no choice at this stage as we are the bottom of the league.  My point is that it may be a bridge too far to expect much in the way of progress given all of the upheaval this offseason.  This is the scope of change I would anticipate in Year 1, not Year 5.  

We then will get to do it all over again in 2022...

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Where did I say he was horrible? I was simply joking at the fact that we raided a single FCS team for kickers/punters. We literally took 2 from the same school. The fact that we identified that a FCS school has a better eye for kicking talent than we do isnt a good thing. 

OK...he's not horrible, but it's laughable that we are getting a kicker from FCS.

Got it.

And...Two years ago we had the Big Ten kicker of the year.

So.....I'm not sure your mantra you're trying to promote fits totally.

• Plus1 2
34 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Looks like things are slip- sliding away for Scott.  Very discouraging I guess.  Hope that he has a plan and not a failure to plan.  Is anyone helping and advising him or does he not listen?  

:rolleyes:

Or... the staff has someone else about to come instead and told him to find another school. Personally, I'd love to see the staff stop recruiting RBs who are under 200 lbs.

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

:rolleyes:

Or... the staff has someone else about to come instead and told him to find another school. Personally, I'd love to see the staff stop recruiting RBs who are under 200 lbs.

I'm not sure we told him to move on, but I'm not really losing sleep over it. RB isn't the biggest need and taking the best one from Minnesota will be nice. 

I don't necessarily agree on the 200 lb rule, I don't think even guys like Ervin or Morrison showed up over 200 despite their list weight. I could see an argument for not recruiting RBs who won't ever hit 200 lbs though. I do think Frost and co. have rethought the Duck-R position though, and it's going to be receiver types that can run the ball rather than speedy RBs. 

6 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I'm not sure we told him to move on, but I'm not really losing sleep over it. RB isn't the biggest need and taking the best one from Minnesota will be nice. 

I don't necessarily agree on the 200 lb rule, I don't think even guys like Ervin or Morrison showed up over 200 despite their list weight. I could see an argument for not recruiting RBs who won't ever hit 200 lbs though. I do think Frost and co. have rethought the Duck-R position though, and it's going to be receiver types that can run the ball rather than speedy RBs. 

Right, if they have the frame but just need S&C to add thickness then that's fine. But I don't think small backs work real well in this conference unless they have elite elusiveness, and even then....

17 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

He flipped to Cal.  Doesnt seem like he was highly sought.  Who is the Minny RB?