Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

11 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Realizing there is no perfect QBs, which factors are the biggest priority for Whipple and Frost's offense?

-Passing Accuracy

-Dual threat (has mobility/speed)

-Decision making under pressure

-Size

-Ability to stretch the field with 20-plus yard throws

-History of few turnovers

-Red zone scoring

-Other factors?

I'm leaning toward Decision making under pressure, Passing accuracy. Those two a good place to start anyway. 

6 minutes ago, M.A. said:

I'm leaning toward Decision making under pressure, Passing accuracy. Those two a good place to start anyway. 

I might sound crazy but Smothers might have these qualities. He doesn’t have a huge arm but he was efficient in short throws and played pretty well in his first ever start against a ranked Iowa team. Not saying we couldn’t upgrade but he might surprise everyone 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Gorillahawk said:

I might sound crazy but Smothers might have these qualities. He doesn’t have a huge arm but he was efficient in short throws and played pretty well in his first ever start against a ranked Iowa team. Not saying we couldn’t upgrade but he might surprise everyone 

I think that's right. He doesn't have the ability to stretch the field enough in the offense as others might though. But I can see where he'd do well in situations. 

6 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

There's a reason why he was primarily throwing short throws - he doesn't have the arm. Haarberg has a better arm but I've heard he struggles with his accuracy, reads, and progressions. 

I wouldn't mind seeing a pro style QB with specific packages designed for Smothers.