Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

I'd actually be quite intrigued by what this staff could do with Smothers/Haarberg assuming we don't get a QB in the portal. Designing an offense that plays to their strengths and calling plays that will leverage their talent while keeping the opponents guessing compared to what we've seen the last 4 years. And it's not like we are really afraid of having a losing season if things don't work out. At this point another year without making a bowl really isn't going to make much of a difference.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I'd actually be quite intrigued by what this staff could do with Smothers/Haarberg assuming we don't get a QB in the portal. Designing an offense that plays to their strengths and calling plays that will leverage their talent while keeping the opponents guessing compared to what we've seen the last 4 years. And it's not like we are really afraid of having a losing season if things don't work out. At this point another year without making a bowl really isn't going to make much of a difference.

The other thing to remember, is there will be additional QBs available after spring ball. There always is. Kids will transfer when they don't win the starting gig or don't mesh with new coaching staffs. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

That....along with an improved O line and ST that isn't flat out losing games by themselves.

10 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

The other thing to remember, is there will be additional QBs available after spring ball. There always is. Kids will transfer when they don't win the starting gig or don't mesh with new coaching staffs. 

The problem with that is that it would be nice to have the transfer QB in spring practice.

• Haha 1

whats amazing is, you keeping Frost for one more season has hurt our recruiting because now we lack stability.  If Frost was fired, we wouldn't get recruits because we don't keep coaches.  The national media does not want Big Red football to ever be what it was.  With all of the negative media coverage nationally, its hard to tell if we will ever become somewhat relative.

This is why we need our in state talent to stay and we need to hit Iowa and Kansas hard for those hidden gems like we would get in the 80's and 90's.  I know that recruiting stars don't matter with this class.  We have a good roster of recruits who never saw the field this season.  What hurts us right now is if Frost turns things around, 2 years from now we might not have diddly squat because we got few this go around.  College football now has become Big Iron auction.  Highest bidder might have best recruiting classes no matter blue blood or not.

I would like some education on NIL.  Shorthand version.

First off, where is the money?

Why are we not buying these transfers we need and want?

WE have all assumed that Nebraska has big money backers and can pony up dollars anytime and anywhere, lets roll it out there then.

Please don't tell me this is not how it works.  We all know that players like Rattler who end up at South Carolina, were bought.  Cash speaks.  Players listen.  If we want to stand back and do things the right way, we will never catch up.  Simply put, we have to match what SEC and its powers are doing and have been doing for decades.

24 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

whats amazing is, you keeping Frost for one more season has hurt our recruiting because now we lack stability.  If Frost was fired, we wouldn't get recruits because we don't keep coaches.  The national media does not want Big Red football to ever be what it was.  With all of the negative media coverage nationally, its hard to tell if we will ever become somewhat relative.

This is why we need our in state talent to stay and we need to hit Iowa and Kansas hard for those hidden gems like we would get in the 80's and 90's.  I know that recruiting stars don't matter with this class.  We have a good roster of recruits who never saw the field this season.  What hurts us right now is if Frost turns things around, 2 years from now we might not have diddly squat because we got few this go around.  College football now has become Big Iron auction.  Highest bidder might have best recruiting classes no matter blue blood or not.

You really believe this? You really think there's some sort of national conspiracy against Nebraska? Good grief. Give recruits a reason to want to come to Nebraska, and they'll come, plain and simple. 

As far as all the offers we made, I know we need to add some depth, but some of these guys are serious, serious reaches, and that's not a good sign.