Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

21 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Yeah Slovis has a great deep ball, can play pitch and catch underneath, and moves well in the pocket. I think he could thrive in a Whipple offense. Would be cool to see us really test defenses on some deep outside shots to Betts and Manning next season. 

I would be so happy to talk about the Slovis-Decoldest connection.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fire 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

6 minutes ago, RambleOn51 said:

Man Slovis has just looked shakey the past two years to me… Got injured and hasn’t really been the same player that he was his freshman year 

Sounds awfully familiar to some of our more recents QBs...... but it seems like his injuries are pretty fixable. He had arm fatigue that he never really got to work with a trainer with due to covid and a hamstring that time and proper training won't be a huge deal because he's not a "dual threat" guy

• Fire 1

16 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

Slovis is as MEH as it gets. When SC switched to the air raid he was pretty successful but never impressive and he played with 4 pros at wide out. 

Serious question….  Is there a single qb in the portal that hasn’t gotten a “meh” from husker board.   I swear Mahomes could be in the portal and get picked apart here.  

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

Serious question….  Is there a single qb in the portal that hasn’t gotten a “meh” from husker board.   I swear Mahomes could be in the portal and get picked apart here.  

Me personally I’d just rather someone either with some previous success that needs a higher level of comp or at least someone who we can trust who has experienced pressure and won’t cave. I don’t see that in slovis

• Haha 1