Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

44 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, what you stated wasn't true?

No it's true that I was sold on Whipple using his clout to bring in a big time QB transfer. 

I didn't say anything about Frost or "the program" saying it.  That part you made up.  You know, your usual gimmick of putting words in people's mouths.

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Our Oline wasn’t close to being as bad as what people say.   Our offensive stats prove that.  

Also,  what makes Whipple this OC/QB guru that people are talking about?  Is it because he had a hypesman contender that was a super senior?  

I still would have taken Harrell or Morris over Whipple just for the recruiting.  

Our numbers were not bad because we had a qb that could run.  Our line sucked.  Plain & simple.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Here's a fans view of Slovis...  A lot of parallels to our situation. His declining play more indicative of HC and team around him.  Injury in 2019 that he never fully recovered from.  Statistically regressed each year at USC..  Dude appears to truly me a statue.....It's just me, but I'd roll with what we have.

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No it's true that I was sold on Whipple using his clout to bring in a big time QB transfer. 

I didn't say anything about Frost or "the program" saying it.  That part you made up.  You know, your usual gimmick of putting words in people's mouths.

It's not unreasonable to think that Whipple would/should be able to lure in a quarterback to the program given his history working with them. At least increase the possibility of it occurring. It wasn't like a promise or implied statement was made indicating one was going to be reeled in. His work with some good ones might suggest that though. I can see us landing a good quarterback and he's mentioned there's been some interest generated our way. 

5 minutes ago, lo country said:

Here's a fans view of Slovis...  A lot of parallels to our situation. His declining play more indicative of HC and team around him.  Injury in 2019 that he never fully recovered from.  Statistically regressed each year at USC..  Dude appears to truly me a statue.....It's just me, but I'd roll with what we have.

I'd take a rugged type of guy like Big Ben that was accurate, relatively mobile, made good decisions, was decisive and could throw the ball downfield decent. That's not what I'm comparing Slovis being (lol) only what I envision what I'd like in a quarterback and would work in Whipple's offense.  

24 minutes ago, lo country said:

That's the video I'd just watched when I said he sounds like a bit like Culp: awesome for one year, but kinda got the yips after that.

55 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Our Oline wasn’t close to being as bad as what people say.   Our offensive stats prove that. 

Our offensive stats were good despite the line, not because of it.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Can you provide a quote from Frost or the program stating this?  If not, it was nothing more than fans believing that.

@The Dude so, basically what I said. 

The selling point?  The fact that he’s a very experienced OC at all levels. He’s coached some very successful QBs at both the college and pro level. He’s said that he tries to design his play calling around talent on the team. He’s been a HC and can be a good advisor to Frost.  

Pretty much what the program and media have said. 

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, huskerfan99 said:

Rumor that Jay Ducker is entering the portal.

If it turns out to be true, Get him back in Nebraska ASAP!! 

Supposedly his family is listening to Clester...

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

@The Dude so, basically what I said. 

The selling point?  The fact that he’s a very experienced OC at all levels. He’s coached some very successful QBs at both the college and pro level. He’s said that he tries to design his play calling around talent on the team. He’s been a HC and can be a good advisor to Frost.  

Pretty much what the program and media have said. 

That's fair.  I'm sold on a lot of that too.