Trev

Message added by Enhance,

This didn't need its own thread.

He made a totalaly bad situation way worse by bringing frost back another year.  frost fires 4 of his buddies and anyone that thinks they will be replaced by high quality Asst coaches is crazy.  Everybody in the college football world knows frost is a lame duck.  I'm not sure who he will talk into coming to Lincoln, but it wont be the best of the best.  Probably not any better than what we had, and what we had was terrible!  Trev just kicked the can down the road another year plus has to sign the new asst coaches to at least 2yr contracts.  What a mess. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

I understand frustrations with keeping Frost another year, heck I was one of those most frustrated. I think a lot of this was out of Trev's control, and the Regents didn't want to shell out $ for Frost's buyout.

Trev did the next best thing, in having Frost reduce his contract, set the expectations for next year, and Trev can start putting out feelers for coaches he may be interested in, if Frost is let go after 2022. Like it or not, Frost still has a lot of favor with at least half of the Nebraska fans (not internet message board dorks, like us). Getting rid of Trev "too early" would have created a split fan-base and it would have been like when Solich was fired. I understand those are 2 different situations, but it's how a big bulk of the fans would have reacted. 

20 minutes ago, panhandle husker said:

He made a totalaly bad situation way worse by bringing frost back another year.  frost fires 4 of his buddies and anyone that thinks they will be replaced by high quality Asst coaches is crazy.  Everybody in the college football world knows frost is a lame duck.  I'm not sure who he will talk into coming to Lincoln, but it wont be the best of the best.  Probably not any better than what we had, and what we had was terrible!  Trev just kicked the can down the road another year plus has to sign the new asst coaches to at least 2yr contracts.  What a mess. 

Perfect! Hopefully he won't be competing against seemingly half the FBS for new coach like he would be this year.

25 minutes ago, panhandle husker said:

did you just reset your password?

1 minute ago, panhandle husker said:

guess i'm not as patient as you are

Trev is also looking out for himself.  If he fires Frost "too early" in a lot of Nebraskans' mind and his coaching hire flops, Trev is getting fired pretty quickly himself (see Shawn Eichorst).  This buys Trev another year to check out the athletic program, see what changes he needs to make, and see if Frost ends up having another bad year in 2022, which will bring more fans on Trev's side to fire Frost.

Just now, panhandle husker said:

tired of hearing bout saving money...........if we have 155 million to build a new complex, we have enough money to buy out a total national embarrassment.  think that would come first

Tell that to the Regents.  While I agree that the Athletic Department has a lot of $, the Regents didn't want to take on Frost's buyout, especially a year after having Athletic Department revenue severely cut due to COVID.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, panhandle husker said:

Panhandler

Thanks for starting a new thread on this.  Not sure where you’ve been the last two weeks, but this is a good fresh take that hasn’t come up yet.

well done.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4