Logan Smothers to start v Iowa

19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Option A:  Nebraska loses and some fans claim.."See, they sucked at preparing a backup QB"

Option B:  Nebraska wins and some fans claim.."See, he should have been playing all along".

It's going to be so fun.

I gotta believe Iowa loads the box and dares Smothers to beat them with his arm.  If he can hit short passes, it would be an interesting game.  Our receivers don't have trouble getting open.  That being said, if there is not running game, I expect we will see more of the same.

I can tell you that I'm in place where I have no expectations.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I gotta believe Iowa loads the box and dares Smothers to beat them with his arm.  If he can hit short passes, it would be an interesting game.  Our receivers don't have trouble getting open.  That being said, if there is not running game, I expect we will see more of the same.

I can tell you that I'm in place where I have no expectations.  

I'm concerned about the lack of deep pass ability.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I think if a can play he will (not sure why we're suddenly talking about this in a Logan Smothers topic :lol:), but yeah for sure there is a possibility he won't be able to.

Nah, if he had intentions on another year he would have went for season ending surgery after michigan state.  He played this year (in pain) because it's his last.  He's done. 

13 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

L

It was regardless probably.  Obviously with just 1 game left and little experience for Smothers, Martinez was our best shot at winning and I hate losing to Iowa.  I wish Smothers had gotten some significant playing time after the Purdue and Minnesota losses when the season was pretty much over.  If nothing else, he would have been better for the Iowa game.  As a Nebraska fan living in Iowa, it is painful to listen to the local fans and media brag.

Good luck to Martinez in the future.  I think he needs a new environment and Nebraska needs to add a transfer QB to the mix to take over or challenge Smothers.