Logan Smothers to start v Iowa

2 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

To me this game just became really scary, 

Thus far the team has shown no quit. If Iowa starts to take control of the game though, I could see the team start to pack it in. 

1) Nothing to play for but pride

2) Last game of the season

3) Starting QB and team leader is out. 

4) Domann is out 

5) It certainly has been a frustrating and mentally draining season. Tanks are already on E. 

I would be completely disappointed to see this, but it would be understandable if it happened. 

s#!t you are already making excuses for what hasn’t even happened yet. This is how you become Minnesota 

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

s#!t you are already making excuses for what hasn’t even happened yet. This is how you become Minnesota 

What does it mean to "become Minnesota"?......becauae they've had decent seasons since the Jerry Kill years.

Trev said they are ahead of us right now......and they get the same league revenue sharing.

1 hour ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

Smothers isn't going to play...Frost is going to tape him into his locker, steal his uniform and start the game so he can show us all how great his offensive scheme is when a REAL quarterback runs it.

Who knew his offense centered around the QB shot putting the ball?

6 minutes ago, TheSker said:

What does it mean to "become Minnesota"?......becauae they've had decent seasons since the Jerry Kill years.

Trev said they are ahead of us right now......and they get the same league revenue sharing.

Minnesota a team who used to compete for national championships. Then they started accepting mediocrity and stopped trying to compete at the highest level. 

• Plus1 1

While I appreciate Martinez' toughness and the class he has shown off the field, I am excited to see another QB given a chance to start as it is time for this program to turn the page from the Martinez years. If Smothers completely struggles (or another backup), it will help Frost understand the importance of pursuing 1 or 2 transfer QBs this offseason.  I do wish Frost would have waited til Thursday to announce AM was not playing so it could have given Iowa less time to prepare for something different.  

• Plus1 1