Logan Smothers to start v Iowa

3 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Smothers gives me a Vedral vibe.  At least it will be something different, just hope it’s not over by halftime.  Hope the kid proves me wrong.

I don't think it'll happen, but we could screw up Iowa's season by possibly knocking them out of the B1G Championship if we beat them. That would be enough motivation for me to play my a$$ off so hopefully he comes out on fire! 

5 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

While I appreciate Martinez' toughness and the class he has shown off the field, I am excited to see another QB given a chance to start as it is time for this program to turn the page from the Martinez years. If Smothers completely struggles (or another backup), it will help Frost understand the importance of pursuing 1 or 2 transfer QBs this offseason.  I do wish Frost would have waited til Thursday to announce AM was not playing so it could have given Iowa less time to prepare for something different.  

LOL.  We never change our game plan.  Doesn't matter who we are playing or what their strengths and weaknesses are.

Smothers has a lot to play for.  Imagine if he comes out and knocks off a ranked team in his first start.  If he flops then we likely see AM back or a heavy push for a QB in the portal.  Frost and Smothers...you have the whole state cheering for you...make us proud.  We really want you to do well.  Looking forward to seeing what you can do!  :snacks:

We finally get a chance to see if Smothers is a valid option as QB replacement for next year or if we need to keep an eye out on the transfer portal. I just wish Frost had given him some real action during games where Martinez struggled rather than throw him in the deep end against Iowa’s defense. I really hope he comes out on fire and beats a ranked Iowa team. That would be the best Christmas gift this year. Go Big Red!

2 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

I call BS. Frost is not confident he can win against Iowa and this is his final excuse for a loss. He can blame the whole thing on smothers who has not had any real action when it mattered. Adrian played through a wired jaw, bum ankle, and shoulder injury and now all of a sudden, he can’t go. Let us face it, Frost has run out of excuses for losing games and this move gives him another excuse by blaming it on a poor kid. I really hope his plan backfires and Logan comes out firing on all cylinders and wins so Frost can be questioned for his poor decisions the entire season. I just wish Frost gave smothers some real action in meaningful games to prepare him rather than throwing him under the bus on senior day. I am cheering for Smothers. I have a sneaky suspicion that Frost is hoping smothers will tank so he can have Martinez be the starter again next season. This smells fishy to me. Also, why announce it now? Why not wait till Thursday or Friday morning. It is as if he wants Iowa to prepare for smothers. 

yeahhhif-you-could-stop-going-off-the-deep-end-that-would-be-great.jpg

• Plus1 2

35 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

:blink: :dumdum :thumbs :waste :facepalm:

20211123_004019-min.jpg

Seriously dude, what is your problem. I don’t know you and you don’t know me. Obviously you do not like me and I definitely do not like you. The only difference is that I do not take the time like a crazy person to dig up memes to diss you. If you do not like me comments, don’t read them, skip over them. Have you seen me comment on any of your posts. I pretend you do not exist. Please return the favor. I do not understand why the board managers do not issue you a warning. They have issued me warnings for less. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Seriously dude, what is your problem. I don’t know you and you don’t know me. Obviously you do not like me and I definitely do not like you. The only difference is that I do not take the time like a crazy person to dig up memes to diss you. If you do not like me comments, don’t read them, skip over them. Have you seen me comment on any of your posts. I pretend you do not exist. Please return the favor. I do not understand why the board managers do not issue you a warning. They have issued me warnings for less. 

Lol man, you take this way too seriously. I respond to posts 99% of the time I don't even look at who wrote them.

Your post regarding Martinez being out as one big conspiracy was off the deep end. I called it such. 

Your last post calling me out saying you love pushing my buttons was odd to say the least. You seem to have this internal struggle going on in your head with me. I don't have time for that. If you don't want people to respond to your posts don't post. You could also use the ignore function to hide my responses should you choose. Whatever floats your boat man. 

Weird Al might have been a bit much, but honestly I was pretty weirded out by your post. 

Peace out. GBR. :cheers

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Lol man, you take this way too seriously. I respond to posts 99% of the time I don't even look at who wrote them.

Your post regarding Martinez being out as one big conspiracy was off the deep end. I called it such. 

Your last post calling me out saying you love pushing my buttons was odd to say the least. You seem to have this internal struggle going on in your head with me. I don't have time for that. If you don't want people to respond to your posts don't post. You could also use the ignore function to hide my responses should you choose. Whatever floats your boat man. 

Weird Al might have been a bit much, but honestly I was pretty weirded out by your post. 

Peace out. GBR. :cheers

Thanks for the great suggestion. I will use the ignore function and ignore your existence from my life. People like you get their jollies from being condescending and life is too short to have to respond to your stupid memes. This is the last you will ever hear from me. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Man I hope not. Pretty horrible recruiting at QB under frost. 

Martinez- gotta own the Nebraska record for most losses

mcaffrey- wr trying to play QB

smothers- sounds like another wr trying to play qb

haarberg- strong arm but maybe horribly inaccurate 

WTF 

Yeah that's a lot of misses geez better get it right in the portal this year, better get the offensive line figured out as well