Logan Smothers to start v Iowa

27 minutes ago, Toe said:

We might not be the only one starting some new players - rumor on Hawkeyes board that the flu is going around in their camp.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/lounge-has-thread-on-qb1-qb2-being-out-with-the-flu.376023/

Iowa 6-2

Wisconsin 6-2

Winner of the West gets to be destroyed and embarrassed by Ohio State the following week. :)

2nd place in the West avoids that s#!t, and still gets a nice bowl game :)

21 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

This is the biggest thing people should be sweating.  Doesn't matter who is taking the snaps, or toting the ball at RB, they all look mediocre/not developed/under talented/whatever due to the sieve that is the OLine.  I mean as Baller Bob asked, " Can you see the strain?"

A bit of disagreement, as this brings to mind what may likely be a portion of the analysis of this game with Iowa tomorrow and for a few days afterward:  Win or lose, we'll see insights about how Smothers is no Martinez, especially regarding getting down field pretty well when under duress in broken plays, as well as some well run plays here and there.  AM has racked up a lot of yards for us with his feet and legs, again, under duress. 

12 hours ago, admo said:

Iowa 6-2

Wisconsin 6-2

Winner of the West gets to be destroyed and embarrassed by Ohio State the following week. :)

2nd place in the West avoids that s#!t, and still gets a nice bowl game :)

True but as a competitor if I was then I would rather win the west and claim the division and take my shot at Ohio State. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, observer3 said:

Smothers likely to have more passing yards than the squawkeye quarterback.   Running yards too.   

I mean I don't expect a lot of offense.   Could be one of those B1G West games.   Over/under currently at 41.5.  Take the under?

It will come down to turnovers.  100 to 200 more yards passing doesn't mean much with 3 picks and redzone FG attempts. 

• Plus1 2