What will the game result be?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Tennessee State single digit win
    • Tennessee State double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/24/2021 at 02:35 AM

I have a theory that the guys don't like playing on Tuesdays.

Tuesday 11/9 vs Western Illinois - they play like crap and lose

Tuesday 11/16 vs Creighton - they play like crap and lose

Tuesday 11/23 vs Tennessee State - they play like crap and eke out a win

Four Tuesday games left - 12/7 vs Michigan, 1/11 vs Illinois, 2/1 @ Michigan, 2/22 @ Northwestern.  Let's hope I'm wrong and they play better in these four.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Last year I thought we had the wrong guy playing point all year.  This year I feel the same way.  Webster needs to be playing point and feeding the ball to Verge and others.  Verge doesn't have the ability or mindset to create on his own then dish to other players.

He does like to dribble a lot.  But your last sentence isn't the case.  He is consistently looking to drive and dish.  

I'm not sure how you can make a statement like that with him coming off a 10 assist game.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Last year I thought we had the wrong guy playing point all year.  This year I feel the same way.  Webster needs to be playing point and feeding the ball to Verge and others.  Verge doesn't have the ability or mindset to create on his own then dish to other players.

While I don't disagree with you...this comment is coming after verge had a double-double points and assists...and carried us offensively for the last 10 minutes of the game.

Typical verge has been a ball stopper.  Last night verge, was a straight playmaker/facilitator.   I'll take more of that. 

30 minutes ago, Mavric said:

He does like to dribble a lot.  But your last sentence isn't the case.  He is consistently looking to drive and dish.  

I'm not sure how you can make a statement like that with him coming off a 10 assist game.

I didn't watch much of the game last night and haven't looked at the stats.  

A lot of the games I have watched, he's driving in, getting in trouble and trying to throw up a crappy shot off balance.

Hopefully, he's getting out of that more and the 10 assists are hopefully an indication of that.

31 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

Typical verge has been a ball stopper.  Last night verge, was a straight playmaker/facilitator.   I'll take more of that. 

Good.  Hopefully that continues to improve.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

A lot of the games I have watched, he's driving in, getting in trouble and trying to throw up a crappy shot off balance.

There is too much of that, especially the fade-away 12-footers that I don't know if he's made one of them this year.

But he does look to dish off the drive a lot.  Sometimes everyone else is just standing around watching so there aren't many options.  But if Walker is in the game he knows to dive to the rim when Verge drives and that connection has worked well.

4 minutes ago, desertshox said:

hoiberg narrowing down who plays? other than wilcher the bench minutes looked rather sparse.

Everyone else was ineffective. 

As good as Eduardo Andre looked a couple of games ago, he had multiple times where he should have gotten a rebound and the ball just went straight through his hands.

Kobe Webster probably could have played more, but Verge was looking pretty good.

Keisei Tominaga needs to start making shots to continue to get PT.

Wilhelm Breidenbach needs to work on foot speed.  I was discussing him with my GF on the way back to Omaha after the game and said he kind of reminds me of Luka Garza.  As a freshman he was too slow and weak to play as much as he did, but you could see there was talent there.  By the next year he looked much better and by his senior year he was national player of the year.  I'm not saying that WB will follow the same trajectory, but their freshman years look like they are starting in similar places.

Anyone else find it odd that Edwards starts now since trey is hurt...and he plays 4 or 5 minutes,  gets subbed out and we never see him again?  Then he starts the 2nd half...and same thing!  What's the point in starting a guy if you don't trust him to play more than 10 minutes a game?  

Super random, but odd nonetheless.

2 hours ago, ECisGod said:

Wilhelm Breidenbach needs to work on foot speed.  I was discussing him with my GF on the way back to Omaha after the game and said he kind of reminds me of Luka Garza.  As a freshman he was too slow and weak to play as much as he did, but you could see there was talent there.  By the next year he looked much better and by his senior year he was national player of the year.  I'm not saying that WB will follow the same trajectory, but their freshman years look like they are starting in similar places.

Yeah, he's had some pretty ugly hedges on the defensive end.

I was hoping he'd provide some punch on the offensive end but he's been pretty poor shooting, even on open looks.  Just like pretty much everyone not named Webster or Wilcher.

55 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

Anyone else find it odd that Edwards starts now since trey is hurt...and he plays 4 or 5 minutes,  gets subbed out and we never see him again?  Then he starts the 2nd half...and same thing!  What's the point in starting a guy if you don't trust him to play more than 10 minutes a game?  

Yeah, I was pretty surprised when he got the start the next game.  He was barely playing before that.

The only thing I can come up with is Hoiberg didn't want to completely revamp his rotations.  So he put Edwards in the first rotation for McGowens and then can just make minor changes the rest of the game.  Other than that, it doesn't seem to make any sense.

• Plus1 2
19 hours ago, Mavric said:

Well .... we were #321 in the country in 3-point percentage coming into the game.  And got worse.

So there's that.

And all we heard about preseason was how he was recruiting the best 3-point shooters to run his system. 
What it meant to me was "Live by the 3 pointer, surely die by the 3 pointer."
Better start planning ways to dominate the paint.

4 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

I think the coaches just see him as a similar type wing player as Trey and are hoping he'll pick it up. If he or someone else would show something special at that spot then things would change. And maybe they see him as the best defensive option there against BIG teams. It sounds like some of us think Verge should be at that spot. I think, whoever it is, there needs to be a consistent scorer there to keep the better teams from climbing all over Bryce....the bigs need to hold their own inside....and we need to get out and stop giving them all day to shoot 3-pointers.