Nebrasketball Game #8: @ NC State (B1G/ACC Challenge)- Wednesday, December 1 6:15pm ESPNU

What will the game result be?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • NC State single digit win
    • NC State double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/02/2021 at 12:39 AM

I wasn’t able to see it, but there’s a scoring recap on YouTube that shows every basket made…. Except for two spots where the score jumped 5 points in NC State’s favor…. Presumably from foul shots? Very strange.

Other than that, it looks like it was a great game that we should’ve won by hitting a foul shot.

• Plus1 1

38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

@Mavric I stand corrected on Verge.  He's definitely taken the coaching from Fred and improved from the beginning of the season.

Verge did play better (two assists off of a Triple Double), but I also think NCST was a good team for him to play against with their picking him up at full court. He reverted hard at the end of the game and then in the OT to the point where you could see Fred calling a play to pass to the Big at the top of the key and then over to Bryce as soon as Verge crossed the midline.

I like this team and they started so sloppy I think they’ll only get better.

As far as the foul discrepancy in this game, it may have been their strategy to keep feeding that big guy knowing that our guys were hacking like Frankensteins.

The last play in reg looked like a good no call to me. I hate when the ref decides the game with a tickytack foul call. Avoid that by shooting the ball into the hole rather than trying to fly at the hoop like Spider-Man.

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

@Mavric I stand corrected on Verge.  He's definitely taken the coaching from Fred and improved from the beginning of the season.

Oof… I think I’m still on the other side of the fence on Verge. I think we win that game yesterday if Webster played in his spot during the OTs. Verge is too selfish of a player. I think we’ll continue to see that he’s a liability late in games. I really hope I eat crow at the end of the season, but I’ve played with too many guys like him in the past. Old habits are hard to break.

7 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

As far as the foul discrepancy in this game, it may have been their strategy to keep feeding that big guy knowing that our guys were hacking like Frankensteins.

The last play in reg looked like a good no call to me. I hate when the ref decides the game with a tickytack foul call. Avoid that by shooting the ball into the hole rather than trying to fly at the hoop like Spider-Man.

I think they’ll improve as a unit as well. It’s going to be fun to see them at the end of the year. Defense looked much improved for 3/4 of regulation last night. 

I’ll strongly disagree with the no call though. That gets called 99.9% of the time. Clearly a foul. 

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

We drove the the hoop just as much & our guys frequently ended up on the ground with the cheerleaders or press sitting on the baseline with no foul called.  It was like the refs could only see fouls on drives if the contact was above the shoulder.

• Plus1 2
54 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

16 hours ago, Courtesy Flush said:

8ADA4C92-3BB9-47D1-A266-269CA7F7506E.thumb.jpeg.20944bf0d4d600dcef35afa9aeda6f32.jpeg

nothing ticky tacky here. 

• Thanks 1

Your all right. I still hate it when the ref decides the game by calling a foul on the last play. I think the video I saw showed the guy on his right who bumped him a little.

I just watched a scoring recap… I’d like to see those two periods when NC State got 10 points with no shots from the field.