Nebrasketball Game #8: @ NC State (B1G/ACC Challenge)- Wednesday, December 1 6:15pm ESPNU

What will the game result be?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • NC State single digit win
    • NC State double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/02/2021 at 12:39 AM

6 hours ago, Hayseed said:

I like this team and they started so sloppy I think they’ll only get better.

As far as the foul discrepancy in this game, it may have been their strategy to keep feeding that big guy knowing that our guys were hacking like Frankensteins.

The last play in reg looked like a good no call to me. I hate when the ref decides the game with a tickytack foul call. Avoid that by shooting the ball into the hole rather than trying to fly at the hoop like Spider-Man.

The reasoning that a ref shouldn’t make a ticky tack call in the last 15 seconds because the fouling team shouldn’t lose by a call the refs have made the whole game doesn’t hold water with me. If they don’t make that call then the other team may not win. It appeared to me Verge was hit on the arm not the hand.

• Plus1 2

7 hours ago, Courtesy Flush said:

Oof… I think I’m still on the other side of the fence on Verge. I think we win that game yesterday if Webster played in his spot during the OTs. Verge is too selfish of a player. I think we’ll continue to see that he’s a liability late in games. I really hope I eat crow at the end of the season, but I’ve played with too many guys like him in the past. Old habits are hard to break.

I agree, setting up a good play or just passing to the open guy is better than flying in solo like a super hero most of the time.

35 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

The reasoning that a ref shouldn’t make a ticky tack call in the last 15 seconds because the fouling team shouldn’t lose by a call the refs have made the whole game doesn’t hold water with me. If they don’t make that call then the other team may not win. It appeared to me Verge was hit on the arm not the hand.

I wouldn’t have my point guard who is known for driving wildly into a double team and flinging up a prayer make that move at the most important time of the game.

I’m not even gonna argue about the cheating refs who appear to be working for someone to get a predetermined result. From what you guys are saying, this went on the entire game. Same thing happened in the Big 12. I don’t know what any of us can do about that. How do you propose to stop cheating refs?

11 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

Yes, this theory drives me nuts.

With that train of thought, the defending team, in the final seconds, can do whatever they want to prevent a score.  That's not right.

By not making the call, it doesn't prevent the refs from "deciding the game".  In fact, it does just the opposite.  

• Plus1 1

23 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes, this theory drives me nuts.

With that train of thought, the defending team, in the final seconds, can do whatever they want to prevent a score.  That's not right.

By not making the call, it doesn't prevent the refs from "deciding the game".  In fact, it does just the opposite.  

You stated it much better than I. Thank you!