*** official iowa game day thread ***

admo

You have some posters blame the fans and how spoiled we are. These fans packed a stadium for a 3-8 team. The only problem with this program is Frost and his inability to coach. I am sick and tired of watching Iowa celebrating on our home turf. Iowa beat us with Goodson. We have so many weapons and just kept doing the same BS plays. You can fire any assistant coach you want, nothing is going to change when you have the same guy at the helm,

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1

Just now, Huskinator said:

He told the offensive line to lose their block? He told the punt team to let the guy in and block the punt?  He told the 5 defensive players to drop their pics?   Why would he say those things?!?!  If he is, you’re right I question his coaching methods. 

You're delusional, my friend. This one falls 100% on his shoulders, period.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Frustrated said:

This is patently false. The refs aren't perfect, but they don't play. They call what they see. We have poor coaching, poor execution and poor play when it counts. That's why we keep losing.

It’s not false. I am not a Frost sunshine pumper. But to ignore lots of the bad calls this season is just to fit this fire Frost at all cost narrative. Frost sucks at attention to detail. So he’s already living on a razor thin edge. When refs blow calls and they have, this type of team that is sloppy to begin with will lose excruciating games like we have all grown accustomed to.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Huskinator said:

He told the offensive line to lose their block? He told the punt team to let the guy in and block the punt?  He told the 5 defensive players to drop their pics?   Why would he say those things?!?!  If he is, you’re right I question his coaching methods. 

It is the same dumb mistakes 4 seasons in.  That is on Frost and the coaching staff.

Just now, chamrocck said:

It’s not false. I am not a Frost sunshine pumper. But to ignore lots of the bad calls this season is just to fit this fire Frost at all cost narrative. Frost sucks at attention to detail. So he’s already living on a razor thin edge. When refs blow calls and they have, this type of team that is sloppy to begin with will lose excruciating games like we have all grown accustomed to.

There were bad calls on both sides. Have there been bad calls this season? Yes. None of them matter, though. We would have defeated ourselves anyway, just like today.