*** official iowa game day thread ***

admo

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

BINGO.  Unless Frost makes great hires and then sits out as Head Coach, this program is going nowhere.  Frost is a HORRIBLE head coach and there is no way he should be given a 5th season.  

As the AD, I have to evaluate where Iowa is and we are.  For this reason, I am actually firing Scott Frost tonite.  Our recruit class is a joke and only slightly better than his 4 year record.  So, I am letting a new staff make a run because I'd end up firing hime next year anyway.

• Plus1 1

Let the transfer portal mass exodus begin…no good player wants to play for a loser coach. Frost has mastered losing games. This contract was BS…both Nebraska and Frost needed a fresh start. We denied both with this stupid contract. Saved a few million just to set this program back another year…I hope it was worth it for Trev alberts. 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, lo country said:

As the AD, I have to evaluate where Iowa is and we are.  For this reason, I am actually firing Scott Frost tonite.  Our recruit class is a joke and only slightly better than his 4 year record.  So, I am letting a new staff make a run because I'd end up firing hime next year anyway.

Yes Trev needs to end the misery now.  We have ONE Power 5 win this season and are guaranteed to finish tied for last in our division.  

• Plus1 1

Just now, huskerfan74 said:

Let the transfer portal mass exodus begin…no good player wants to play for a loser coach. Frost has mastered losing games. This contract was BS…both Nebraska and Frost needed a fresh start. We denied both with this stupid contract. Saved a few million just to set this program back another year…I hope it was worth it for Trev alberts. 

Yet folks think difference makers will actually transfer into this mess still.

Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

Yes Trev needs to end the misery now.  We have ONE Power 5 win this season and are guaranteed to finish tied for last in our division.  

1-9 versus Power 5. 1-9!

3 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

You're wrong. I'll keep saying it. You. are. wrong. Dead wrong. Sorry, but the refs aren't why we suck. A penalty is NOT bad because it goes against the Huskers. They called a terrible targeting call earlier and corrected it on replay. We got some make-up calls...it goes both ways. Good teams do not constantly complain about the officiating. they simply don't. It's trash talk. Please stop. We finished 3-9. We haven't beaten a ranked opponent in forever. We haven't competed for a conference title in forever. We can't even win the West Division...and that isn't because the refs don't want us to...it's because we aren't good enough to compete against the weaker division in our conference.

I’m not saying we are losing all these games because of the refs. But to ignore the calls that have gone against us at crucial times is ignorant and silly. Frost is bad, the officiating has been bad, and that is a revile for the disaster we have.

You're wrong. I'll keep saying it. You. are. wrong. Dead wrong. Sorry, but the refs aren't why we suck. A penalty is NOT bad because it goes against the Huskers. They called a terrible targeting call earlier and corrected it on replay. We got some make-up calls...it goes both ways. Good teams do not constantly complain about the officiating. they simply don't. It's trash talk. Please stop. We finished 3-9. We haven't beaten a ranked opponent in forever. We haven't competed for a conference title in forever. We can't even win the West Division...and that isn't because the refs don't want us to...it's because we aren't good enough to compete against the weaker division in our conference.

I’m not saying we are losing all these games because of the refs. But to ignore the calls that have gone against us at crucial times this season is ignorant and silly. Frost is bad, the officiating has been bad, and that is a recipe for the disaster we have.

I’m not saying we are losing all these games because of the refs. But to ignore the calls that have gone against us at crucial times this season is ignorant and silly. Frost is bad, the officiating has been bad, and that is a recipe for the disaster we have.