*** official iowa game day thread ***

admo

15 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Nebraska had  (-8) rushing yards in the 4th quarter.

Did Yant even play in the 4th?

10 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Frost just said in his post-game press conference something to the effect that the program will do better when it gets new blood in the program and new coaching.

I couldn't agree with him more.

Start with the HC.

I'd like to see Trev just let him go.  Tonite

6 minutes ago, lo country said:

Loyalty...Per Trev the only reason to keep him.  I'd fire him tonite to show loyalty to the institution, the team and fans.  Not just one man who has single handedly destroyed NU.

I agree. Firing Frost makes sense right now, you lose nothing in recruiting, our class is small and terrible anyway. Why wait a year to sacrifice next year's recruiting class? 

Not to mention, Nebraska voluntarily signed up for another year of this. But this time the defense will be completely gutted. Jojo, Tanner, CTB, Stille, Dismuke, Williams and Deontre Thomas aren't walking through the door to save the day anymore. 

• Plus1 2

Frost is one of the worst coaches we have ever had. Here are SOME reasons:

(1) zero time management skills. 
(2) zero red zone offense skills

(3) horrible game plans. Think about it. You have arguably the best tide end in FBS, a future NFL player and you do not design a game plan to feature him more. Not because it is his last game…not because it will make him feel good…but because every time he touches the ball something good happens

(4) horrible real-time game adjustments. In his presser, he claims he wishes he could stop the game and tell the players to limit the negative plays…have you heard of TIME-OUTS…YOU HAVE THREE OF THOSE GENIUS.

(5) plays not to lose and ends up losing every time 

(6) no other coach can do less with more…arguably he has better talent than most of the Big Ten teams yet he managed to do less with this talent because when it comes down to it, he cannot utilize this talent.

(7) stubborn to a fault

(8) does not believe in special teams

(9) abandons what is actually working to try crap that will not work

(10) he is not a smart coach

I am sure others have other different reasons but these pretty much summarize what I saw all season long. Let us face it. The issue is Frost. Firing the assistant coaches is like a surgeon removing the spline, gallbladder, tonsils, and appendix when the tumor is in the liver. As long as Frost is the HC, things will be the same. We might stumble on five or six wins next year but I would not call that progress.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, The Duke said:

I wouldn't second guess it all. Everyone can see who and what the problem is and has been.

What has he done to earn the extra year?

He has done nothing to earn another year. But Trev never said that he earned another year. Trace flat out said Frost was given another year because of loyalty of him being one of our own. Only reason.