Calling out all Frost Supporters

3 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I agree about the "circus", but I'm not flushing 2022 yet.  I'd uncomfortably take the "over" at 7-5 at this point.  But I actually think 6-6 is more likely as we stand now.  Lets see who we get for new assistants and transfers---> PLEASE!!! A good QB!!!!  Other teams profit on transfer QBs.  Why can't we?

Heck, the bigger question is, would 6-6 keep Frost employed?  I think 7-5 would, but I have nothing to base that on.  5-7 or worse with 2022's schedule won't cut it anymore.

Think about who we are losing on the D side of the ball.  Even 6-6 with this cluster is tough.  I don't trust Scott to make good hires.  

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Think about who we are losing on the D side of the ball.  Even 6-6 with this cluster is tough.  I don't trust Scott to make good hires.  

We are losing some good ones, but I do have faith in Chins and co to develop young talent.  Hopefully Damian Daniels comes back.  

49 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I would vote FOR keeping Frost next year, if I voted in that poll.

It's strictly economics, though. I don't think he's magically going to fix any of this. Four years isn't a fluke, it's a trend.

But we're off the hook for $12 million for Frost because Trev kept him another year. I'd much rather that money goes to the new football facility than putting Frost's great grandchildren through college.

What I'm pushing back on is the idea that there are enough Frost supporters who actually think he's the solution to our football problem on this board to warrant calling them out.

12 million is couch change for the powers that be............tired of hearing that argument

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, panhandle husker said:

12 million is couch change for the powers that be............tired of hearing that argument

Not when the guy being bought out is Scott Frost and when they've already been schmoozing donors to help with the new FB Facility.  It's just not a good time for that kind of buyout.  What Trev did with the contract restructuring was brilliant.

• Plus1 3

Frankly speaking, Frost has repeatedly shown us who and what his teams are.  This is not Big 10 football, this is more like a circus.  I am glad he fired his offensive staff so we could see how bad of a playcaller he is actually on his own.  Yant was running hard today.  Why not keep pounding the ball, running clock and protecting a lead?  This team has no substance, all fluff.  All of that motion in and out of the backfield is useless 75% of the time.  Once defenses figure out that its all windowing dressing, they shut down this so called vaunted offense.  If Frost doesn't hire a good OC, with run first mentality, its all for nothing.  I was a Frost guy, but after watching this script play out over the last two weeks, he is the problem.  Smothers did a fine job today when he was using the scripted plays early.  Once the game got further along the plays being called were identified early and Iowa sniffed out everything. 

• Plus1 1

Frost didn't help his QB today.  Run Yant, run Scott, throw the ball to our TE's more and let Smothers have a chance to win this game.  I actually think Smothers can have a bright future here if we run the true option with fullback and I formation.  He is a decent passer, when given time to do so.  Iowa ran the fullback today and it made me almost sick to think that is what football is in the Big 10, its what football should be in general when your offensive line beat up and semi trash.  Use an extra blocker...........genius.....freaking genius!

• Plus1 2

We ran the ball alot today, but they were spread option pitches to our WR's and smallest players we can put on the field.  Running the balls is in my opinion, running at teams, up the gut, punishing linebackers and D-line.  Our run game is not that.  We run at the cornerbacks with wideouts and Belt.  Its time to start playing old school football.  This is not working.  It hasn't worked.  It worked in the AAC because every team runs the identical same s#!t.  I bet Big 10 D-lines and Linebackers out weigh AAC players by 25 to 50 pounds at same positions.  Disgusted with this.  I don't mind losing when the other teams are better.  I mean better.  We have proven that we are as talented and capable of hanging with anyone.  We lose by mistakes that are fixable, which haven't been yet(coaching) and stupid play calls( coaching) and we leave our defense on an island in each game hoping they can finish the game for a win.  Each game this season, our D has played really well, but our offense hasn't helped them out one bit.  Running the ball , down hill, even if we don't get first downs at least alllows our D some rest.  Coaching, thats the issue.  This is only fixable at this point with a whole new staff.  We kept Frost so we wouldn't lose Chinander.  Each side of the ball will need new players next season. Even if we retain some, we are losing playmakers on both sides.  Next season is the right time to move on from this whole thing.  Chins will get a head job somewhere either now or next season regardless. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Stats don't matter, but then how do you define us being one of the worst teams in the conference?

I know exactly what the scheme you want to use would do in the B1G, because you've told me what games to judge it on. It will lose against B1G teams, maybe in a close game though, but then what change except a more boring offense.

3-9. That's the stat that matters. No one cares about how close we were. At the end of the day, we're 3-9, and tied for last. 

We did pretty well with Chadwell-type stuff, so if Frost would take the offense in that direction, I would have hope. I guess we'll have to see. 

I don't think there are that many Frost supports left. I think there are a lot of fans that for some reason think criticizing Frost means you're insulting the institution. 

There is one particular poster who loved to site pff and such to prove how great Frost was and telling everyone that brought up his record how dumb they were that i haven't seen post a lot lately. I would like to know their opinion.

1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

Some good points.  I think Frost realizes some of this now.  Perhaps too late.  We'll find out by October next year I think.  It's why Trev did what he did.

If he realized it, he realized it after the game. Should’ve huddled everyone together and said today is the day we overcome this. Instead it was like everyone just accepted their fate. 

Nut jobs: "we want frost"

Cooler Heads:   "he's never coached in the big leagues."

Nut Jobs:  "JUST HIRE HIM!"

Cooler Heads:  " Are you thinking this through?"

Nut Jobs: "we don't care , give him 5 to 7 years, just get him."

Reality: "that's not how it works."

Nut jobs: FIRE HIM!

Cooler Heads:  "but you said....."

Nut Jobs: "FIRE HIM!"

If you Nut Jobs are selling your Fost stock, I'm buying.

Untitled-design-2020-02-24T040246_440.thumb.jpg.6f5187dd02899cb3eca4a7600bf0fdb7.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
5 minutes ago, Slow yer Roll said:

Nut jobs: "we want frost"

Cooler Heads:   "he's never coached in the big leagues."

Nut Jobs:  "JUST HIRE HIM!"

Cooler Heads:  " Are you thinking this through?"

Nut Jobs: "we don't care , give him 5 to 7 years, just get him."

Reality: "that's not how it works."

Nut jobs: FIRE HIM!

Cooler Heads:  "but you said....."

Nut Jobs: "FIRE HIM!"

If you Nut Jobs are selling your Fost stock, I'm buying.

Untitled-design-2020-02-24T040246_440.thumb.jpg.6f5187dd02899cb3eca4a7600bf0fdb7.jpg

At this point, what gives you any indication that Frost is going to even get us to a bowl game, much less contend for the B1G West?

I want Frost to succeed, but it's pretty obvious by now that he's in over his head.