Cooler Heads:   "he's never coached in the big leagues."

Nut Jobs:  "JUST HIRE HIM!"

Cooler Heads:  " Are you thinking this through?"

Nut Jobs: "we don't care , give him 5 to 7 years, just get him."

Reality: "that's not how it works."

Nut jobs: FIRE HIM!

Cooler Heads:  "but you said....."

Nut Jobs: "FIRE HIM!"

If you Nut Jobs are selling your Fost stock, I'm buying.

Untitled-design-2020-02-24T040246_440.thumb.jpg.6f5187dd02899cb3eca4a7600bf0fdb7.jpg

The carriage return on your typewriter is malfunctioning. 

Scott had to dismiss the assistants he has. Now, that's a good thing in my view. The next phase will largely be telling to what extent he can overcome. To me there are valid points on both sides. I'm supporting him but he'd better kick it in the pants with some solid hires. And there's some areas he himself has to improve upon in my opinion.

If the team had folded, that would change my thinking quite a bit. They've exhibited a great deal of fight which accounts for a lot. They haven't given up. Had Scott not recognized that changes were necessary, that would've been giving up on them the way I see it.

I don't think it's accurate to suggest that his supporters are necessarily giving him a free pass. I understand if someone is frustrated beyond measure and no longer has the patience. Nothing wrong with holding him accountable.  

19 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Scott had to dismiss the assistants he has. Now, that's a good thing in my view. The next phase will largely be telling to what extent he can overcome. To me there are valid points on both sides. I'm supporting him but he'd better kick it in the pants with some solid hires. And there's some areas he himself has to improve upon in my opinion.

If the team had folded, that would change my thinking quite a bit. They've exhibited a great deal of fight which accounts for a lot. They haven't given up. Had Scott not recognized that changes were necessary, that would've been giving up on them the way I see it.

I don't think it's accurate to suggest that his supporters are necessarily giving him a free pass. I understand if someone is frustrated beyond measure and no longer has the patience. Nothing wrong with holding him accountable.  

If you do not follow many Husker fans on twitter, you should check it out.  They love Frost so much they would never want him fired under any circumstances and believe his runway should be endless.  In my mind this is really given Frost a free pass and giving him special treatment where any other coach without Nebraska ties would have been fired by now.

2 hours ago, Huskinator said:I’m not a frost supporter but I’m an optimistic husker fan.   I am not saying he’s the answer or that he’s not the answer.  

My hope….

He does what everyone here and everywhere is saying he should do.  Hire a solid offensive coordinator and find an identity.   A blind man can see we have improved over the past 7 years…..  we are faster, competitive and capable of winning every game.  We are literally in EVERY game.  We aren’t blown out and embarrassed by people like we were under Bo.   

Is the record there?!??  GOD NO!!!  Do they pass the eye test?!?! Absolutely.  

You can’t argue he’s doing some things right!!!  Hire the right guy to assist him and make him better and find an identity!!!  I don’t think we’re as awful as so many in here portray we are.   

ridicule me all you want…. But you will also look like a bitter loser who just wants to bring others down to your misery. 

After these last two games, my concern for frost is that he’s not a good enough leader to not get in the way of whoever he hires, especially if they are actually decent in their roles. I just don’t think he is savvy or humble enough to truly step back and allow other coaches to shine where he is weak, especially on game day. 

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

With the portal transfer there should be no reason we can't go get the 1 or 2 pieces Frost has been talking about all season.  That leaves precisely zero excuses for next season.

Why didn't Frost get those players in the portal for this season?  It seems like he always has an excuse and the response to his failures is that he simply needs more time.  A good coach with vision knows what the program needs well before all the fans do.  He seems to be leading from behind which explains why he is the worst Husker head coach since the 1950s.  

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

If you do not follow many Husker fans on twitter, you should check it out.  They love Frost so much they would never want him fired under any circumstances and believe his runway should be endless.  In my mind this is really given Frost a free pass and giving him special treatment where any other coach without Nebraska ties would have been fired by now.

I'm aware of those that feel that way. I'm not one to be counted among them. To be sure, I am a person who believes in the concept of merit. I am appreciative of the grittiness this team demonstrates game after game too. Frost has much to accomplish over the next twelve months. I do think that progress has been made. At the same time, I do believe that there is substantial work to be done. I have an issue with a description of "close". There's some mighty climbing to be done yet. 

Scott likely underestimated the challenge it would be rebuilding and what is required in the Big 10. I also think that he's got to adjust and adapt to an extent. I'm not counting him out. To think otherwise is understandable. 

2 minutes ago, M.A. said:

I'm aware of those that feel that way. I'm not one to be counted among them. To be sure, I am a person who believes in the concept of merit. I am appreciative of the grittiness this team demonstrates game after game too. Frost has much to accomplish over the next twelve months. I do think that progress has been made. At the same time, I do believe that there is substantial work to be done. I have an issue with a description of "close". There's some mighty climbing to be done yet. 

Scott likely underestimated the challenge it would be rebuilding and what is required in the Big 10. I also think that he's got to adjust and adapt to an extent. I'm not counting him out. To think otherwise is understandable. 

If you believe in merit, why has it taken Frost 4 years to realize he needed to move on from his staff of UCF buddies, and only doing so when his hand was forced and his own job was on the line.  A merit-based approach would reward a head coach that has vision and is proactive in fixing things that are obviously not working rather than doubling down on the same old assistants and the same QB who has lost more games than any other Husker QB.  Merit should reward a coach for their successes, and unless being "Close" in season 4 is deemed a success, I personally believe a merit system would have Frost seeing the exits right now.  

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, man eating mastodon said:

It's the head coaches job to pick his or her staff. If the AD or anyone else is doing it your head coach is worthless. 

To your point, if the AD is putting the staff together then the HC has been promoted beyond his professional capacity. 

The Scott Frost era has a parallel to the Lovie Smith "Flailing Illini" era with just a few caveats: (1) Lovie in his 5 years had one 6-6 season and got his team to a bowl game where they got on familiar subpar ground and finished the season at 6-7  (2) Frost has never lost a bowl game as HC of the Huskers for those that feel he needs patience and time .... 4 years with a 5th and we've basically got vanilla Lovie minus the buzz of traveling to Boise for the prestige of the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl.

I believe we all agree Riley was nothing more than average his entire coaching career but to keep hearing the record skipping on Frost had a lot to fix, it creates a huge, noticeable hump swept under the rug with the reality Frost the "Fixer" is going to need a 5th season to tie the problematic 3 years of Riley on the all time Husker Coaching Win List ..... 

I, for one, am incredibly optimistic regarding Frost. All it will take is he finally ditch all those hangers on like Stille and Domann and finally move on from AM, half the secondary, their top 2 recieving targets and 2/3 of their D-line. Then find 4 serviceable OL, a QB from the lottery/transfer portal and 4 offensive coaches that want to jump into an incredibly uncertain situation.  I mean, look at the recruiting rankings! RELOAD BABY!

8D936D17-62AF-475D-AC8C-B82FDE0CE34A.thumb.jpeg.4ad5c7e0d9c6b2adc737b7397f57b822.jpeg

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Angry Husker Fan is among the most irrational of creatures.

It's going to be a swell offseason. 

Not everyone is angry. Or irrational.  Resigned is a more apt word.

Why be angry? We know exactly what to expect each Saturday.

The irrational ones are the ones who think anything will be different next year. It’s been the same thing for five years. Maybe delusional is a better word. 

We now know the cost of a year of Husker football is, the amount we’re saving on the buyout.  Because we sold out next year for that amount. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

If you believe in merit, why has it taken Frost 4 years to realize he needed to move on from his staff of UCF buddies, and only doing so when his hand was forced and his own job was on the line.  A merit-based approach would reward a head coach that has vision and is proactive in fixing things that are obviously not working rather than doubling down on the same old assistants and the same QB who has lost more games than any other Husker QB.  Merit should reward a coach for their successes, and unless being "Close" in season 4 is deemed a success, I personally believe a merit system would have Frost seeing the exits right now.  

You believe that he has no merit. None for remaining. He is done. You want to call him into your office already. His time is overdue as far as you're concerned if you're the AD. Not one of these forthcoming changes were of his doing. It is entirely forced. You're convinced of it. No, not only now, you believe he's deserved to be shown the door for awhile. Terminate him. Yes, four years is too much. He can't be out of here promptly enough. Torch the incorrigible fool! Lol Get the BLEEP out. That's the short of it. I'm leaving some things out. It's a variety of things. You don't want to hear any more about culture or "little things" holding us back. You've had it with the incompetence, poor play calling, his scheme, his accomplices, reluctance and crappy execution that stinks. Everything. All. Of. IT. You have absolutely no interest in his "Fresh ideas"!  You are laying the hammer down. Fast and hard. The pictures behind your desk are rattling. Your blood's been boiling hot. It's through. Out of here!!!

1 hour ago, thatguy said:

After these last two games, my concern for frost is that he’s not a good enough leader to not get in the way of whoever he hires, especially if they are actually decent in their roles. I just don’t think he is savvy or humble enough to truly step back and allow other coaches to shine where he is weak, especially on game day. 

I don’t disagree!  I’m just saying I see the path. That is 100% my hope and it is one of several potential ways this turns out.