Calling out all Frost Supporters

15 hours ago, Undone said:

I don't have any optimism.

Alberts & the administration made a hugely stupid decision to not wait until after the season to make changes. We just look like idiots at this point.

We need a "pass-first" QB out of the transfer portal so bad or next year will another disgrace.

The choice to keep him seems to be based on this idea that Frost will stay at NU for 25 more years once he "gets it going", but the problem is it seems like a Trev is also okay with close losses and 6-7 win seasons.

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The choice to keep him seems to be based on this idea that Frost will stay at NU for 25 more years once he "gets it going", but the problem is it seems like a Trev is also okay with close losses and 6-7 win seasons.

I think it's way too early to say Trev is ok with mediocrity.  Trev didn't have the full support of the Regents and the fan base to fire Frost, and Frost is getting one more year. We will know more after next year. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think it's way too early to say Trev is ok with mediocrity.  Trev didn't have the full support of the Regents and the fan base to fire Frost, and Frost is getting one more year. We will know more after next year. 

As painful as it is we should give frost one more year.  It sucks being a fan going through this and im starting to get on the wagon that he will never have the smarts to right this ship.  Its the thought of the one of us bringing us back.  But the reality is we need the money to be right, we need other potential coaches to see that this place can be a place of stabality and you will be given time.  After next year if this melts down more, no one will blame us.  

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

This. People tend to think their half-baked opinions exist in a vacuum and they should be the sole arbiter…when Trev has boosters, Regents, and some fans that weren’t in favor of the decision. 

Plus this gives Trev more time to do an exhaustive search in the background and feel potential candidates out, it saves DoNU some money, and it also supports the narrative that we’re *THIS* close, which can be sold to recruits (regardless of your stance on it). 

So far Trev has done well in the role. Plus Trev May have to deal with Hoiberg’s contract and that’s a future consideration to keep in mind. As rich as our AD is, it’s still a non-profit that doesn’t use taxpayer money and has to keep finances in check. 

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

As painful as it is we should give frost one more year.  It sucks being a fan going through this and im starting to get on the wagon that he will never have the smarts to right this ship.  Its the thought of the one of us bringing us back.  But the reality is we need the money to be right, we need other potential coaches to see that this place can be a place of stabality and you will be given time.  After next year if this melts down more, no one will blame us.  

That makes sense. 

But……after what has transpired this year, and especially yesterday, I don’t think anyone would have blamed us if TA had done it this year. I do believe he screwed up by not waiting, because yesterday would be have been (should have been) the proverbial final nail. 

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

... why did he fire 4 guys? 

Let's think about that for a moment.  They were his guys.  Some of them friends for years.  They were not released until an ultimatum was tendered.  He would have been fine keeping them, I'm sure.  As said by many here:  Scott Frost does not think he is doing anything wrong.  Firing those assistants was another way of placing blame away from himself for the losses.  And the players are also gaslighted in his way of lacing in blame with generic compliments.  The only conclusion we can draw from this is that the man is honestly, spectacularly clueless. 

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

Ah yes, of course, all Nebraska has to do is run 70%+ of the time AND wait for multiple teams in the division to be on probation so we can finally win a conference championship. It's so obvious now. Oh wait, we should probably convince the winner of the other division to hire a coach who has married himself to a defensive philosophy that only worked against 2010s Big 12 offenses just to be safe.

1) Who in the Legends division that year was on probation? Didn't we beat all of them with Pelini's 2010s Big 12 defense to earn our way into the title game, including Wisconsin?

2) Goodson had 7 yards a carry. Iowa can line up with a fullback and run the ball. Why can't we? 

3) How is Nebraska going to be successful at all if they keep trying to do the same things, run the same offense, lose out on the same recruits, etc.

10 hours ago, huskerfan333157 said:

Our score would even be worse if we went to 80% running. No wrs nor qbs would ever want to come here.

With our offense as it is now, our 2 best receivers left, and one is setting records in Kentucky. What QBs have we gotten in the last 18 years that set the world on fire? Behind this line, would Joe Burrow have gotten the Heisman?

9 hours ago, Undone said:

Yeah but they had James White, Melvin Gordon, and Montee Ball at RB that year. We don’t exactly have those guys right now.

I would contend Yant and Scott would do nearly as well behind a line that blocks like Wisconsin. They have no room with our zone-blocking, patty-cake scheme that leaves at least one linebacker unblocked on every play.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, rocketlb said:

I have no issue with you, or what you're saying. But, when Twitter polls showed 75% support for keeping Frost, I don't think it's necessarily imaginary. I'm guessing that's where the frustration is aimed.

I think people are confusing "keeping Frost" with "expecting Frost to resurrect the program". There's lots of reasons to keep Frost another year even if you don't think he can get it done.

Comprehension must be hard for the fans who have to shove their opinion down people’s throats. They expect people to have to reiterate their stance for someone who is insecure in their own opinion. Or they are baiting people to share so they can tear them down. 

Threads like these are for special masochists who not only sit through a Husker game but then want to take their frustration out on others. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

Wisconsin ran 60 plays in the 2012 CCG, 50 of which were runs (83%). 3 of their TDs were runs of 56, 57 and 68, and they had a 9-yard TD that was a 1-play drive thanks to a turnover. Wisconsin did not throw a single pass in the second half. Hilarious for anyone to cite that one game as a model for Nebraska to follow when it had far more to do with Pelini being so ill-prepared it's amazing he ever got a job again than anything Wisconsin did.

I'm going by the WHOLE year.  They only ran the ball 63% of the time that whole year. This other guy thinks we need to run it over 70% but there have been ZERO power 5 schools who had a winning season who ran it over 70%. I went all the way back to 2009-2010