Calling out all Frost Supporters

42 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

It's fine to draw that conclusion, but this is still a pretty conjectural take. Other than the "friends" part, none of us knows any of this to be factual.

Silly. That can be said about every post in any forum on the internet except for stats.  There is, of course, more to football (and life), fortunately, than stats.  But you likely know that. Perhaps not. 

7 minutes ago, Hagg said:

Silly. That can be said about every post in any forum on the internet except for stats.  There is, of course, more to football (and life), fortunately, than stats.  But you likely know that. Perhaps not. 

If you know any of what you previously stated about HCSF and the staff firings to be true, please share.  Otherwise, I stand by what I said.  It's just conjecture at best.  And possibly BS.  I get the whole Internet forum thing and people being frustrated with the lack of success.  I'm frustrated too.  Our ST play is a joke.  Scott and his offense struggles with responding to being counter-punched by opposing D coordinators.  I guess some of us get tired of false or unsubstantiated information being thrown around.  It doesn't do anybody any good.  

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

If you know any of what you previously stated about HCSF and the staff firings to be true, please share.  Otherwise, I stand by what I said.  It's just conjecture at best.  And possibly BS.  I get the whole Internet forum thing and people being frustrated with the lack of success.  I'm frustrated too.  Our ST play is a joke.  Scott and his offense struggles with responding to being counter-punched by opposing D coordinators.  I guess some of us get tired of false or unsubstantiated information being thrown around.  It doesn't do anybody any good.  

Who is trying to get you (or anyone) to not stand by what they are saying?  Besides you?  As far as characterizing people's remarks as "false, unsubstantiated" being "thrown around," well,  we've got a 3 and 9 record this year and you know the Frost era record here.  If you want to pretend like your remarks are more substantial and less false, lmao ... have fun with that.  I don't know you and you don't know me, but I don't think you'd like the end result of the tack you're taking if it's to place yourself more truthful than any other member/poster in here. 

My statements about the current moron running the football program don't need explanation.. my remarks about what he did to protect his job here could need explanation as they seem "inside info" when actually written or stated.  Good.  Look at it that way or look at it as not your version of critical thinking with your background but mine with my background. 

As far as ST as you opine as a "joke," damn right.  Now is it inside info for us to google SF's statements about not liking kickers and now not needing a Special Teams coach, when we just got beaten by a team who showcases their ST abilities as a true specialty?  How does that sentiment about kickers which was quoted in the Journal Star sit with potential good ST people?  What do you think the result of those stated sentiments will be?  We saw it all season and his previous seasons here;  now it's come to a head.

7 hours ago, admo said:

Illinois 4-7
Oklahoma 10-1
Michigan State 9-2
Michigan 10-1
Minnesota 7-4
Purdue 8-4
Ohio State 10-1
Wisconsin 8-3
Iowa 10-2

:dunno

You are what your record says you are - HOF Bill Parcells

Minnesota beat Wisconsin today and Illinois crushed NW.

Brutal schedule. These teams won a ton of games this year. Looks like our opponents might be better than some want to admit.  Their records speak for themselves.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, admo said:

Brutal schedule. These teams won a ton of games this year. Looks like our opponents might be better than some want to admit.  Their records speak for themselves.

Don’t make excuses for 3-9. Is Florida saying it’s ok you underperformed this year- the SEC is tough so we understand why you lost. Hell no. It truly is amazing how far our program has fallen as well as our fans. 

• Plus1 2

18 minutes ago, admo said:

I mean, those teams win a lot of games when playing us. That's how it goes,  one team wins a game and the other loses it.

• Haha 1

Do people honestly believe Nebraska could have just DECIDED to run the ball exclusively, impose our will and run out the clock for a win? You didn’t notice that Iowa has a defensive coordinator who was smart enough to scheme against that?

smothers had an outstanding yards per attempt passing. Much better than our collective ypa rushing. 

we are not losing games because we pass too much. It’s well beyond that.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
30 minutes ago, admo said:

yeah, historically tough schedule. But if you want us to admit the truth, Nebraska is simply worse than Purdue, Minnesota, and Illinois, coming in dead last in a weak division. Your argument is essentially that we played a lot of teams better than Nebraska. 

9 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Do people honestly believe Nebraska could have just DECIDED to run the ball exclusively, impose our will and run out the clock for a win? You didn’t notice that Iowa has a defensive coordinator who was smart enough to scheme against that?

smothers had an outstanding yards per attempt passing. Much better than our collective ypa rushing. 

we are not losing games because we pass too much. It’s well beyond that.

A lot of people think that is just the simple answer to everything going forward.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
8 hours ago, admo said:

Illinois 5-7 Frost 2-2
Oklahoma 10-1 Frost 0-1

Michigan State 10-2
Michigan 11-1 Frost 0-2
Minnesota 8-4 Frost 1-3
Purdue 8-4 Frost 1-3

Ohio State 10-2
Wisconsin 8-4 Frost 0-4
Iowa 10-2 Frost 0-4

Northwestern 3-9 Frost 2-2

Rutgers 5-7 Frost 1-0

Indiana 2-10 Frost 1-0

:dunno

Not really sure how our schedule is easier next year.....Teams in bold we play next year.  Ones in red have losing records.  Only Indy at 2-10 is worse than us.  We got some ground to make up.  Brett in year 1 at 5-7.  He's only going to get better.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

Not really sure how our schedule is easier next year.....Teams in bold we play next year.  Ones in red have losing records.  Only Indy at 2-10 is worse than us.  We got some ground to make up.

It is easier. Rutgers and Indiana instead of Ohio state and Michigan state. Other than Oklahoma the non con is a joke. I agree it’s not easy- no schedule or game is when you are a s#!tty program on the worst 4 year stretch since the 50s 

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

yeah, historically tough schedule. But if you want us to admit the truth, Nebraska is simply worse than Purdue, Minnesota, and Illinois, coming in dead last in a weak division. Your argument is essentially that we played a lot of teams better than Nebraska. 

Reword it.  Purdue Minnesota and Illinois are better than us. Not an argument :)

36 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I mean, those teams win a lot of games when playing us. That's how it goes,  one team wins a game and the other loses it.

I mean, they beat us once... Played us once. But they did win a lot of other games too. That's how it goes? Beat Nebraska, but those other 7-9 wins are just luck :huh:

14 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

A lot of people think that is just the simple answer to everything going forward.

Problem is there is so many ways to run the ball.  Frost said that Iowa shifted their LB's back and out to take away the option so he tried to run inside and it didn't work.  My thoughts on that are that we stopped ourselves.  They moved personnel so Frost chose to stop running the option/outside stuff.  They didn't shut it down.  So he went inside.  Which brings me to the below.

To running, I would like us to develop a dedicated power scheme.  Not just running off tackle, but use a FB (Yant) or an HB.  If we are going to go inside, pull a TO and do some traps/counters.  Do something to scheme against the D. Not just slam a RB into the line and call it power.  Saw somewhere today that TO ran about 50%, 25% option and 25% pass.  If we want to be balanced, then run something similar to Coastal.  2 back sets.  We can run counters/traps/dives off of this as well as option.  And even the RPO.  As some have mentioned, I'd like a modified option, again similar to Coastal, where the Run is for the RB and the P is obviously to receiver.  Try to limit the QB as the primary runner.  On another board someone mentioned looking at Smothers arms throughout the game (thought of it myself after he pointed it out) that he was beat to hell and back.  No way he any QB will last if they are our primary run threat. Again, another check in the Held needed to go block.  

IMHO, we have no real scheme or identity.  It changes from series to series, game to game, and what ever cluster F of receiver/RB rotation we use.

• Plus1 1
55 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Don’t make excuses for 3-9. Is Florida saying it’s ok you underperformed this year- the SEC is tough so we understand why you lost. Hell no. It truly is amazing how far our program has fallen as well as our fans. 

Lol. 

Fallen? What century do you still live in?  :dunno 

Maybe lightning was struck in the 90s for a bit, and in the early 70s.  Is that concept not more plausible?