Calling out all Frost Supporters

On 11/26/2021 at 4:14 PM, ZRod said:

You don't have a clue dude. Just go home. A flexbone offense would get absolutely eaten alive in the B1G and it will never win anything of significance in this league. It's idiotic to think it would. 

We are the 5th ranked offense in the B1G for total yards behind Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, and Ohio State in that order. We're one of the best big play teams in the country, but we're 12th in scoring offense in the B1G. The overall scheme is solid. What we need is a quality Oline coach, a RB coach, and better special teams. That's been the difference in every loss.

Like it or not a flexbone-type offense might be our best chance for success based on the players we can recruit here.

We can still get quality RBs in bulk and we can still consistently get QBs who can be game changers with their legs.

The problem with believing we can consistently get QBs who can lead us to the promised land with their arm is that it has not happened one single time in the last 17 years, when we were all sold this dream.

Believe it or not, there is wisdom to playing to your strengths. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
22 hours ago, Jeremy said:

Does it really create an advantage, though? What 'numbers and leverage' did you see against Iowa? Are we really accounting for LBs at the second level? Because the actual results of what's happening on the field don't reflect what you're trying to tell me here AT ALL. The leading rusher for Nebraska this season was Adrian Martinez - by A LOT -, and a good deal of his yards came from scrambling on pass plays. Our running backs have very little space to run, and people are definitely NOT getting blocked.  

Please explain why a sane person would want to continue doing more of what we have been doing? I'm not saying to do away with zone blocking altogether - the service academies zone block every few downs, too. But we don't have a mindset of domination - like we can't block a defensive linemen unless it's 2 on 1. That's just weak.

I know that Iowa has always used zone blocking in their scheme, and it plays very well into their boot game. But, do you know what else they have? A fullback to lead block as well. What a concept.

You're talking yourself in circles, and confusing scheme with coaching and technique. It's been apparent since the first game of the year that our Oline has been poorly coached and has poor discipline. You can find me harping on it all season long. What you want is a killer instinct and hard-nosed attitude from the Oline. Any scheme can achieve that, every coach cannot, and the coach has been fired so we are not going to continue down the same path.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Like it or not a flexbone-type offense might be our best chance for success based on the players we can recruit here.

We can still get quality RBs in bulk and we can still consistently get QBs who can be game changers with their legs.

The problem with believing we can consistently get QBs who can lead us to the promised land with their arm is that it has not happened one single time in the last 17 years, when we were all sold this dream.

Believe it or not, there is wisdom to playing to your strengths. 

We don't run the same offense we did 17 years ago. Why are you comparing that offense to this offense which is more run oriented?

We can clearly recruit talented RBs, decent QBs, excellent TEs, good WRs, and sizeable linemen. The missing piece has always been coaching, be it at the top or at the position level. Why would you tear everything down when you are competing with the top teams in the country every week and holding your own despite horrible discipline and piss poor special teams. We need to fix the real issues, not cut our arm off because we smashed our finger in the door.

Our struggles in the RedZone highlight our lack of Oline development, as do the amount of penalties and sacks. Fixing the Oline could easily lead to 1 or 2 more TDs per game and a trip to Indy. Even if you don't want to believe it this team is insanely close to being exactly what we want it to be, and that's what's made it so painful this year.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Nebraska has consistently out-recruited eight other B1G teams since joining the league and is going to finish the season as the third worst team with their fifth straight losing season. That's far more of a coaching/culture problem than it is a players problem, particularly when I look across the league and see some of those better teams running similar plays and concepts to Nebraska's offense and winning.

At this point I don't think it really matters what scheme they run. That offensive line and that special teams unit made pretty sure of that.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

15 hours ago, admo said:

Lol. 

Fallen? What century do you still live in?  :dunno 

Maybe lightning was struck in the 90s for a bit, and in the early 70s.  Is that concept not more plausible?

So you think we are a top 5ish all time winning program because of a few years in the 70s and 90s? To be one of the winningest programs in college football history means sustained success. There has been 2 stretches of bad football for Nebraska that both have lasted about 20 years. 1940-1960 and 2004-2021. The other 100 years of our program we have been solid. So not sure what your talking about. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
5 hours ago, ZRod said:

You're talking yourself in circles, and confusing scheme with coaching and technique. It's been apparent since the first game of the year that our Oline has been poorly coached and has poor discipline. You can find me harping on it all season long. What you want is a killer instinct and hard-nosed attitude from the Oline. Any scheme can achieve that, every coach cannot, and the coach has been fired so we are not going to continue down the same path.

We don't run the same offense we did 17 years ago. Why are you comparing that offense to this offense which is more run oriented?

We can clearly recruit talented RBs, decent QBs, excellent TEs, good WRs, and sizeable linemen. The missing piece has always been coaching, be it at the top or at the position level. Why would you tear everything down when you are competing with the top teams in the country every week and holding your own despite horrible discipline and piss poor special teams. We need to fix the real issues, not cut our arm off because we smashed our finger in the door.

Our struggles in the RedZone highlight our lack of Oline development, as do the amount of penalties and sacks. Fixing the Oline could easily lead to 1 or 2 more TDs per game and a trip to Indy. Even if you don't want to believe it this team is insanely close to being exactly what we want it to be, and that's what's made it so painful this year.

This might have been true, but Frost fired 4 guys on the offensive side of the ball. That's almost the definition of 'cutting your arm off.' He's even quoted as saying that he's going a different direction with the offense. I hope you're right, and all that's needed is some better coaching, but I see bigger problems than that. We've recruited well, but not nearly as well as Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, and now Wisconsin. Looking ahead, the recruiting isn't going so great. 

18 hours ago, admo said:

It does matter if they are good.  The opponents W-L record tells a lot about those teams.  I agree we are bad and we have coaching issues. 

Never concede that we have coaching issues.  We are just in a 5 year slump when it comes to getting "the breaks".  

We know that the Coach has zero ability to steer the outcome.  Our team is merely the victim of circumstance.

• Thanks 1

I still support frost, you all can be mad at me.

I'd rather watch this team than one coached by Callahan, Riley or even Pelini.  Nebraska was just a few years after the historic 90s run and our head coaching search brought us the big name of Bill Callahan.  Pelini had a hard playing defense, but once people soured on him we spent big bucks to get rid of him and hire Historically horrible Mike Riley.  People on here seem to think it's going to be better rolling the dice again, well, the track record on Nebraska's head coaching dice rolls proves otherwise.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, methodical said:

I still support frost, you all can be mad at me.

I'd rather watch this team than one coached by Callahan, Riley or even Pelini.  Nebraska was just a few years after the historic 90s run and our head coaching search brought us the big name of Bill Callahan.  Pelini had at a hard playing defense, but once people soured on him we spent big bucks to get rid of him and hire Historically horrible Mike Riley.  People on here seem to think it's going to be better rolling the dice again, well, the track record on Nebraska's head coaching dice rolls proves otherwise.

You're not alone. We've had a long, long series of missteps. And everyone's entitled to an opinion. The one thing we all have in common is that we want the Huskers to succeed regardless our perspectives. Frost has one hell of a battle on his hands to right the ship. 

• Plus1 1

I’m down w FROST. 

There is no loyalty!  We have have the corner on loyalty!  
coaches leave, Riley

coaches get fired, Orgeron 

coaches get unwarranted extensions (Franklin, Tucker, freeze) 

Frost started this, he will see us through 

• Haha 1