Calling out all Frost Supporters

8 hours ago, methodical said:

I still support frost, you all can be mad at me.

I'd rather watch this team than one coached by Callahan, Riley or even Pelini.  Nebraska was just a few years after the historic 90s run and our head coaching search brought us the big name of Bill Callahan.  Pelini had a hard playing defense, but once people soured on him we spent big bucks to get rid of him and hire Historically horrible Mike Riley.  People on here seem to think it's going to be better rolling the dice again, well, the track record on Nebraska's head coaching dice rolls proves otherwise.

We finished 3-9.....how much worse you getting? "I'd rather blow a$$ with Frost than maybe blow the same a$$ or get better with someone else!" 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

5 hours ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Realistically, Frost is a long shot to succeed here at NU now. How many coaches succeed after starting off with 4 losing seasons? I'm to tired and lazy to look that up right now but I'd be surprised if it was a regular occurrence. 

only 2....Greg Schiano and David Cutcliffe....talk about great company to be included with Rutgers and Duke. That is if you measure success by winning more games than you lose in a year. Otherwise they dont exist. 

It is pretty clear at this point that nobody really wants to come to Lincoln to coach beside Coach Frost. If there is a coach climbing the ladder out there, what would they see in coming to Lincoln? Evidently nothing. They see no upside.

I am not sure why in the world Frost is kept at the helm. He says the right things, but does not do them. Hanging out at the bars with his buddies and other women, knowingly breaking NCAA policy and having additional practices during Covid, breaking NCAA policy allowing analysts to talk to players, saying "no" to a bowl game last year (if nothing else they could have had extra practice time), trying to get out of the OU game, etc. This shows what kind of guy he is. The results on the field shows what kind of coach he is. Neither perspective is good at all.

Tear off the band aid, fire him, and move forward! If he cannot hire anybody by now to commit coming to Lincoln, at best you will be getting towards the bottom of the barrel, and at worst you will get Frost puppets that will give you the same old thing on the field. It is really not in my blood to do so, but I am starting to feel sorry for the program and fans in general. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

28 minutes ago, Red Five said:

It's a Frost-ism

“This is going to pop at Nebraska,” Frost said Saturday. “It just is. We’re doing too many good things right.”

"I thought this year it would pop," Frost said Monday

He still talks way to much about catching a "break" or if one thing happened different etc. As if going 3-9 is not his fault but up to luck and how the chips may fall type of crap. I am going to start using this at my job and see how long I last. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

He still talks way to much about catching a "break" or if one thing happened different etc. As if going 3-9 is not his fault but up to luck and how the chips may fall type of crap. I am going to start using this at my job and see how long I last. 

That's exactly why Bill Parcells said "you are what your record says you are", zero tolerance for magical thinking (i.e. "bad luck"). Our opponents could probably say "if we just had one or two more breaks or less mistakes we would have beaten NU by double digits!" <_<

21 minutes ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

That's exactly why Bill Parcells said "you are what your record says you are", zero tolerance for magical thinking (i.e. "bad luck"). Our opponents could probably say "if we just had one or two more breaks or less mistakes we would have beaten NU by double digits!" <_<

How many games were we down by 2 or more scores and came back to make it a 1 score loss? It seems like more than one if memory serves me correct. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

How many games were we down by 2 or more scores and came back to make it a 1 score loss? It seems like more than one if memory serves me correct. 

I believe it was 5 games. It's also what I was saying in other threads where we pad our offensive stats late in the game when the other team is up and playing a prevent defense and we add 80 yards and a td late. 

• Plus1 1

I hope your idiot head coach continues to believe in bad breaks when we play you guys next year again.

If we get a TD, or a defensive stop, or maybe even a penalty called against Bryce Benhardt, your coach will convince that was the turning point of the game and the Cornhuskers will crumble.

Part of me wonders if 2022 will be the year it comes together, but seeing how he coaches in all of these games and his "I hope we can play close" mindset is a losers mentality.  He's looking for excuses rather than wins.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Special Teams coach

Offensive line coach and patience while the younger guys have time to develop

Good QB out of the transfer portal (I think Smothers could be very good, but would like to have multiple options)

Run first/option type offensive focus rather than a spread type offense.

Other than that, I'm weirdly optimistic following 3-9, and I think we should stay the course with Frost.  If next year isn't 8-4 or 9-3, then I'll likely feel that it's time to move on.

• Plus1 2

There is a school and football program with a long history of great success. It has a passionate fan base. The program has been considered one of the elites.

However, for years they’ve been down and floundering. Fans have become angry or disinterested. There are constant debates about where things went wrong and about how to fix it.

And, as always, the Coach. There are debates about what to do with the Head Coach. Do you keep him, or get somebody new?

So, do they keep the same Coach or not? They decide not to.

They go out and hire Lincoln Riley from Oklahoma.

And then there’s Texas and Nebraska...