Calling out all Frost Supporters

2 minutes ago, Roundball Shaman said:

There is a school and football program with a long history of great success. It has a passionate fan base. The program has been considered one of the elites.

However, for years they’ve been down and floundering. Fans have become angry or disinterested. There are constant debates about where things went wrong and about how to fix it.

And, as always, the Coach. There are debates about what to do with the Head Coach. Do you keep him, or get somebody new?

So, do they keep the same Coach or not? They decide not to.

They go out and hire Lincoln Riley from Oklahoma.

And then there’s Texas and Nebraska...

Lincoln Riley will bust at USC. He's not an elite coaching mind, he just took over an established program in a recruiting hot bed and a weak conference and only let it falter a slight bit each year, consistently trending downward.  He now inherits a dumpster fire in a recruiting hotbed but a more difficult conference.  The only winner here will be Riley's bank account. 

7 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Lincoln Riley will bust at USC. He's not an elite coaching mind, he just took over an established program in a recruiting hot bed and a weak conference and only let it falter a slight bit each year, consistently trending downward.  He now inherits a dumpster fire in a recruiting hotbed but a more difficult conference.  The only winner here will be Riley's bank account. 

Haha.  I just saw this before reading your post.

262098035_4539124282869997_7655544231483966726_n.jpg

6 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

We finished 3-9.....how much worse you getting? "I'd rather blow a$$ with Frost than maybe blow the same a$$ or get better with someone else!" 

Mike Riley worse? where you know going into the season most games are going to be uncompetitive but maybe he'll sqeak out a win he shouldn't have against a highly ranked team that came in sleeping?  Callahan worse? where you know that any "big game" is going to be a blowout loss and games that shouldn't be competitive are nail biters?

I can tell you just watching the games I see a big difference on the competitiveness between those years and Frost years.  If you don't that's fine, but I'd take being probably a reliable kicker away from a winning record and an upgraded O-line away from being able to beat the Ohio States, Michigan, OU.  Those were one score games against some of the best teams in the country running through one of the toughest schedules in the country.  Yeah it'd be great if they didn't have the craptastic kicking game and an outclassed O-line and ran the table, but that wasn't likely to happen this season with this schedule with any team short of 94/95 Nebraska.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, methodical said:

Mike Riley worse? where you know going into the season most games are going to be uncompetitive but maybe he'll sqeak out a win he shouldn't have against a highly ranked team that came in sleeping?  Callahan worse? where you know that any "big game" is going to be a blowout loss and games that shouldn't be competitive are nail biters?

I can tell you just watching the games I see a big difference on the competitiveness between those years and Frost years.  If you don't that's fine, but I'd take being probably a reliable kicker away from a winning record and an upgraded O-line away from being able to beat the Ohio States, Michigan, OU.  Those were one score games against some of the best teams in the country running through one of the toughest schedules in the country.  Yeah it'd be great if they didn't have the craptastic kicking game and an outclassed O-line and ran the table, but that wasn't likely to happen this season with this schedule with any team short of 94/95 Nebraska.

All the coaches you mentioned won more games than Frost has. Callahan beat 4 ranked teams in his 4 years where he won more than he lost. Riley finished .500 and beat 2 ranked teams. Both went to bowl games during their tenures. We were down multiple scores in multiple games this year and scored to get within a score...if we didnt score late to make it a 1 score game and lost by 10+ in the majority of our 9 losses would you feel the same? 

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

All the coaches you mentioned won more games than Frost has. Callahan beat 4 ranked teams in his 4 years where he won more than he lost. Riley finished .500 and beat 2 ranked teams. Both went to bowl games during their tenures. We were down multiple scores in multiple games this year and scored to get within a score...if we didnt score late to make it a 1 score game and lost by 10+ in the majority of our 9 losses would you feel the same? 

Riley basically existed off Bo's remaining talent and killed the talent level at the program.  Callahan recruited some good talent but they were horrible on the field, I mean how much of Suh's greatness was due to Pelini coming in?  Do you think he'd have had anywhere close to the legendary couple years he had without that?

Yes, I would/do feel the same, you make it sound like it was all garbage time scores where we had a 2 minute offense out there lighting up a defense that already checked out.  That wasn't the case, the husker 2 minute offense sucks... The line wouldn't hold up late, and Martinez forced bad throws.  You're not going to convince me that 1) the team doesn't play harder now under frost than it did under callahan or riley.  or 2) the offense while not there yet isn't miles ahead of where it was under Bo because I have eyes and a working memory.

What fans like you have convinced me of though over these last 20 years is that people like you that sit there and want to throw every coach out since Solich are why we are where we are.  You cant just hit the f#&%ing reset button every couple of years, especially with different offenses/defenses like it's your xbox when you get mad about the AI dunking on you and think that magic is going to strike next time and the 90s are going to magically appear again but this time with whatever offensive flavor of the month is in vogue.

Frankly Nebraska should have never done it in the first place, but here we are, and that's what's going to keep this program where it's been at.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

He still talks way to much about catching a "break" or if one thing happened different etc. As if going 3-9 is not his fault but up to luck and how the chips may fall type of crap. I am going to start using this at my job and see how long I last. 

I have been clear on this point for some time so good to hear others catching on.  Our esteemed coach is a bit like the poker player that loses all of their money repeatedly.  We just caught a run of bad cards!

In our case, our run of bad cards goes back 4 years now!

56 minutes ago, methodical said:

Riley basically existed off Bo's remaining talent and killed the talent level at the program.  Callahan recruited some good talent but they were horrible on the field, I mean how much of Suh's greatness was due to Pelini coming in?  Do you think he'd have had anywhere close to the legendary couple years he had without that?

Yes, I would/do feel the same, you make it sound like it was all garbage time scores where we had a 2 minute offense out there lighting up a defense that already checked out.  That wasn't the case, the husker 2 minute offense sucks... The line wouldn't hold up late, and Martinez forced bad throws.  You're not going to convince me that 1) the team doesn't play harder now under frost than it did under callahan or riley.  or 2) the offense while not there yet isn't miles ahead of where it was under Bo because I have eyes and a working memory.

What fans like you have convinced me of though over these last 20 years is that people like you that sit there and want to throw every coach out since Solich are why we are where we are.  You cant just hit the f#&%ing reset button every couple of years, especially with different offenses/defenses like it's your xbox when you get mad about the AI dunking on you and think that magic is going to strike next time and the 90s are going to magically appear again but this time with whatever offensive flavor of the month is in vogue.

Frankly Nebraska should have never done it in the first place, but here we are, and that's what's going to keep this program where it's been at.

I am going to tell my boss that I tried really hard. Sure i failed at accomplishing the desired results but darnit I tried my very hardest. I just need to fire my entire team and get better ones to cover up my incompetence darnit. You do realize that every blue blood programs hires and fires until they land on a winner right? Or do you just keep making excuses? The only reason Frost is here next year is because he is a former player. That is literally it. We lost what 5 games we were favored in? so 3-5 in games we were favored in and 0-4 as the underdog woohoo. 

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I am going to tell my boss that I tried really hard. Sure i failed at accomplishing the desired results but darnit I tried my very hardest. I just need to fire my entire team and get better ones to cover up my incompetence darnit. You do realize that every blue blood programs hires and fires until they land on a winner right? Or do you just keep making excuses? The only reason Frost is here next year is because he is a former player. That is literally it. We lost what 5 games we were favored in? so 3-5 in games we were favored in and 0-4 as the underdog woohoo. 

I am just floored by the mental gymnastics people employ to convince themselves of things.  It is simultaneously not surprising and flabbergasting all at once.

2 hours ago, Husker03 said:

He now inherits a dumpster fire in a recruiting hotbed but a more difficult conference.

I think I'd have to disagree with this. Oregon is back to the form they were roughly in when Chip Kelly was there (and they're in the North), but the PAC 12 South is relatively anemic. The best team is Utah currently.

Now of course Chip is getting things going at UCLA and Utah is no sluff.

But I feel pretty confident he'll actually be winning his division most of the time starting three years from now. It'll be interesting to watch.

6 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

How many games were we down by 2 or more scores and came back to make it a 1 score loss? It seems like more than one if memory serves me correct. 

6 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I believe it was 5 games. It's also what I was saying in other threads where we pad our offensive stats late in the game when the other team is up and playing a prevent defense and we add 80 yards and a td late. 

Technically 6 but your point is accurate in 4:

Illinois - down 9-30 (TD at 2:45 left)

Oklahoma - down 9-21 (TD at 5:38 left)

Michigan - down 7-19, but did retake lead

Minnesota- down 16-30 (TD at 1:12 left)

Purdue - down 17-28 (TD at 1:44 left)

OSU - down 10-23 (TD at 15:22 left)

(hard to believe our largest deficit of the year was to Illinois)

But on an entirely different point, we were also up and blew leads:

Illinois - up 9-2 early 

Michigan St - up 20-13 very late

Michigan - up 29-26 very late

Purdue - up 17-14 late in Q3

Iowa - up 21-6 late enuf

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
10 hours ago, theknife said:

Frost has my support because the decision has already been made to retain him, so I’m hoping for the best, despite the fact I think we are coach shopping next year.

That's right. A decision's been made. For now, Scott Frost is our coach. We can rally around him and our team with the hope that Scott successfully brings resolution to the things that's been limiting our success with the help that he's bringing it. And then we'll work through what's necessary when or if the time comes. 

• Plus1 1