Calling out all Frost Supporters

1 minute ago, rocketlb said:

Because there's absolutely no crossover, right? I get what you're saying. It stands to reason, however, that with 75% approval, there would be some crossover. Wouldn't you agree?

Maybe, but that's not really my point and I don't do Twitter so I wouldn't know--or really care about a Twitter poll.  This whole thread screams Frustrated Fan venting.  I get that, but on HB--at least with the usual posters that I've seen, the overwhelming majority, even his "defenders" knows Frost needs to make major changes in order to be employed a year from now.   Frost is back next year no matter what.  Some of us want him to (finally) figure it out and turn things around.  Some are convinced he will fail and are counting the days until we get to take a chance on the next guy in '23.   In either case it's likely going to be at least a couple more years until we get to the next step on the way to where we want to be.  If it's Scott, great.  If a change needs to be made in a year, I'll go along with that too.  Something really concerns me...When was the last time, the "next guy" worked out for us?  That's pretty much how I look at it.   

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

Saw it today, Frost isn’t a leader. His one bright spot is that his team never gave up and they played hard, but they failed to ever take the next step within that. They may have never gave up, but they certainly became content with having the same thing happen game after game.

Frost was a celebrity when he arrived. We all know the story. But after today and seeing how awfully coached game this was and how he never once took a moment to try and get things back on track after the blocked punt, I think Frost thought his rock star status in Lincoln would be enough to win games. 

No one has been developed. We make the same mistakes game after game and now year after year. Top off this season with our terrible recruiting class and we have to ask ourselves, what job is he actually doing?

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
12 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I am looking forward to the Minnesota game in 2023.  THat is the next time I will have optimism.  Understand I will still support the Huskers, but I expect nothing much next year.  Scott really doesn't think anything he is doing is wrong.  Listen to his words.  He is just and pestilent as Bo, just hides it better.

Hearing his presser words would give credence to that theory if that's what you want to hear , but then why did he fire 4 guys?  What's he supposed to do?  Come out and say he was wrong when I retained those four coaches last year?   It's pretty obvious he's been wrong about several things in the past four years.  

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, BoNeyard said:

Saw it today, Frost isn’t a leader. His one bright spot is that his team never gave up and they played hard, but they failed to ever take the next step within that. They may have never gave up, but they certainly became content with having the same thing happen game after game.

Frost was a celebrity when he arrived. We all know the story. But after today and seeing how awfully coached game this was and how he never once took a moment to try and get things back on track after the blocked punt, I think Frost thought his rock star status in Lincoln would be enough to win games. 

No one has been developed. We make the same mistakes game after game and now year after year. Top off this season with our terrible recruiting class and we have to ask ourselves, what job is he actually doing?

Some good points.  I think Frost realizes some of this now.  Perhaps too late.  We'll find out by October next year I think.  It's why Trev did what he did.

2 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Hearing his presser words would give credence to that theory if that's what you want to hear , but then why did he fire 4 guys?  What's he supposed to do?  Come out and say he was wrong when I retained those four coaches last year?   It's pretty obvious he's been wrong about several things in the past four years.  

He FiReD BeCaUsE He HaD To.  So the haters will say 

• Haha 1

I’m not waiting for next season.  I am on the Fire Frost bandwagon.  Permanently.

I cannot envision a realistic scenario that will change my mind.

Frost is awful.  The worst coach of any in P5 schools, and probably the worst at any level of college or pro football.

I know we’re stuck for at least part of next season.  I can’t wait for the day he is canned.  God, he sucks. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
42 minutes ago, rocketlb said:

I have no issue with you, or what you're saying. But, when Twitter polls showed 75% support for keeping Frost, I don't think it's necessarily imaginary. I'm guessing that's where the frustration is aimed.

I would vote FOR keeping Frost next year, if I voted in that poll.

It's strictly economics, though. I don't think he's magically going to fix any of this. Four years isn't a fluke, it's a trend.

But we're off the hook for $12 million for Frost because Trev kept him another year. I'd much rather that money goes to the new football facility than putting Frost's great grandchildren through college.

What I'm pushing back on is the idea that there are enough Frost supporters who actually think he's the solution to our football problem on this board to warrant calling them out.

• Plus1 4

5 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Listen, we can can go back and forth about the same circus we are watching.  Call your shot, over or under 6-6 next year?  For the record, I still hope HCSF gets it done.

6 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Listen, we can can go back and forth about the same circus we are watching.  Call your shot, over or under 6-6 next year?  For the record, I still hope HCSF gets it done.

I'd guess over. If for no other reason than the law of averages says we're due.

But we broke the hell out of that law this year, so who knows?

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Stats are for losers. The only stat that matters is the score, and we've averaged 23 points per game against FBS competition under Frost. That's NOT a solid scheme. In fact, that SUCKS. You don't know what a flexbone offense would do against the B1G. Army has done well against both Michigan and Wisconsin with a FRACTION of our talent, so you literally couldn't be MORE wrong. 

This scheme in Lincoln has never won anything of significance. We're one of the worst teams in the conference. A doormat. It's idiotic to want to continue doing the same crap that has gotten us here.

Stats don't matter, but then how do you define us being one of the worst teams in the conference?

I know exactly what the scheme you want to use would do in the B1G, because you've told me what games to judge it on. It will lose against B1G teams, maybe in a close game though, but then what change except a more boring offense.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I agree about the "circus", but I'm not flushing 2022 yet.  I'd uncomfortably take the "over" at 7-5 at this point.  But I actually think 6-6 is more likely as we stand now.  Lets see who we get for new assistants and transfers---> PLEASE!!! A good QB!!!!  Other teams profit on transfer QBs.  Why can't we?

Heck, the bigger question is, would 6-6 keep Frost employed?  I think 7-5 would, but I have nothing to base that on.  5-7 or worse with 2022's schedule won't cut it anymore.

15 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Under.  If there are games we should win, it is North Dakota, Georgia Southern, Rutgers and Indy.  We have losing records against the rest save 2-2 vs Northwestern.  Throw in losing so much in the D.  Potential new (I hope) scheme, new staff, poor recruit class etc....4-8 is my expectation.

And to the team still playing hard-This isn't a direct reflection of their support of Frost.  I have played for poor coaches, I have worked for poor bosses, but always performed to the best of my ability out of personal responsibility to my teammates and those on my right and left,  regardless of supervision.