Calling out all Frost Supporters

22 minutes ago, Undone said:

Can you give your definition of “a running offense” for me, please?

Genuinely asking.

I would like the ability to use a FB (HB) in certain situations.  Maybe incorporate some traps, counters and some dives off of this.  Our run game seems to consist of inside/outside zone read or just a RB off center. And probably a lot of designed QB runs or scrambles.  TBH,  I am unsure how well AM was making some of the reads.    I wonder if having such a run centered QB offense hurts our ability to recruit/develop/keep quality backs.    The FB/HB would allow an extra blocker on passing downs, lead blocker, etc...I like what Chadwell does with a 2 back set.  We could incorporate something similar. We have a lot of backs that could be good given the chance. Easier to keep guys happy if they are on the field more.  I think this type of running game would also be less predicated on a run first QB and allow us to try and find a traditional/game manager/pass first type QB.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

One where 14 of the last 15 play calls aren't pass plays.

Or an offense where we don't give up 2 sacks in a row inside our own 5, the second being for a safety. An offense where we try to block defenders one on one, instead of zone blocking every play. 80-20 ratio.

thank you.PNG

31 minutes ago, M.A. said:

You believe that he has no merit. None for remaining. He is done. You want to call him into your office already. His time is overdue as far as you're concerned if you're the AD. Not one of these forthcoming changes were of his doing. It is entirely forced. You're convinced of it. No, not only now, you believe he's deserved to be shown the door for awhile. Terminate him. Yes, four years is too much. He can't be out of here promptly enough. Torch the incorrigible fool! Lol Get the BLEEP out. That's the short of it. I'm leaving some things out. It's a variety of things. You don't want to hear any more about culture or "little things" holding us back. You've had it with the incompetence, poor play calling, his scheme, his accomplices, reluctance and crappy execution that stinks. Everything. All. Of. IT. You have absolutely no interest in his "Fresh ideas"!  You are laying the hammer down. Fast and hard. The pictures behind your desk are rattling. Your blood's been boiling hot. It's through. Out of here!!!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no blood boiling here and no desks rattling.  In my job and with my hobbies like Husker football I try to use data as much as possible to make objective based decisions and judgments.  Sure I think all of us fans are guilty of getting emotional in the midst of the game, but when the game is over it's time to reflect on the data and the big picture.  Every year for work I have to go through an evaluation process for the leaders I lead and make decisions on whether there performance met or did not meet expectations.  When I look at what Frost had done over 4 years, I simply do not see sufficient data that warrants him receiving a 5th season, and some of his judgment and decision making along the way is also of concern.  Now maybe he can make some stellar hires to right the ship next year, but getting to 6-6 or 7-5 in year 5 is really not acceptable to me just because our record sucked so bad this year.  Bottom line-He has not given me any reason to have great confidence that Nebraska will be able to compete for or win the West title next year.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

I would vote FOR keeping Frost next year, if I voted in that poll.

It's strictly economics, though. I don't think he's magically going to fix any of this. Four years isn't a fluke, it's a trend.

But we're off the hook for $12 million for Frost because Trev kept him another year. I'd much rather that money goes to the new football facility than putting Frost's great grandchildren through college.

What I'm pushing back on is the idea that there are enough Frost supporters who actually think he's the solution to our football problem on this board to warrant calling them out.

I agree with everything you said. I was just expanding on the post from a different perspective. Also, I think there's a decent amount of the fanbase that does support Frost. But, Albert's may have played this so well that money will be saved and most of those supporters will want him gone if/when he has another losing season.

Or, we'll all get what we want...a winning program.

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no blood boiling here and no desks rattling.  In my job and with my hobbies like Husker football I try to use data as much as possible to make objective based decisions and judgments.  Sure I think all of us fans are guilty of getting emotional in the midst of the game, but when the game is over it's time to reflect on the data and the big picture.  Every year for work I have to go through an evaluation process for the leaders I lead and make decisions on whether there performance met or did not meet expectations.  When I look at what Frost had done over 4 years, I simply do not see sufficient data that warrants him receiving a 5th season, and some of his judgment and decision making along the way is also of concern.  Now maybe he can make some stellar hires to right the ship next year, but getting to 6-6 or 7-5 in year 5 is really not acceptable to me just because our record sucked so bad this year.  Bottom line-He has not given me any reason to have great confidence that Nebraska will be able to compete for or win the West title next year.

No bubbles here. Scott Frost hasn't given you a reason to have the confidence necessary to attain those things. What warrants him having a 5th season here is insufficient in your view. 

All the crying and b!^@hing will not change the fact that coach Frost will be back next year.  He is willing to change the staff.  Give him the last year of his original contract, if the team doesn't show significant improvement, then  the AD will show him the door and all the arm chair head coaches can pick his replacement.  Please remember to own the one you pick if he fails.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It's economics. Can't fire him because we gave him a stupid contract, when he was a virtual unknown (as a coach), he hung a banner and made National Champion t-shirts at UCF after playing a crap schedule and ending undefeated. We applauded that mentality because we are desperate for success. Truth is, he's terrible at the job, he has demonstrated that. Close is not good enough. Close means he failed 8 times. Close means we cannot compete against  most of our conference. But, we don't want to pay him millions of dollars to do nothing. We'd rather wait until we can fire him for less and keep hoping that something changes. it won't be the officiating, it won't be the players. and if history is any indication, it wont' be the coaching. We bought one more year of not even mediocrity. We are officially awful. Hold onto the dream, because it seems more like a fever dream these days that an actual memory. We suck. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

47 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Or an offense where we don't give up 2 sacks in a row inside our own 5, the second being for a safety. An offense where we try to block defenders one on one, instead of zone blocking every play. 80-20 ratio.

thank you.PNG

So you want us to play pee wee football. Got it.

21 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

You know what fixes that? An offensive line. Not a new offensive system 

Thank you!

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
28 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

You know what fixes that? An offensive line. Not a new offensive system 

We have an offensive line. Each young man is a rarity in the human population. Tall, huge, heavy, and strong. Collectively, I'd bet they could push a blocking sled that literally weighs a ton. 

They're being coached to do things that don't suit their size and strength. Imagine if a coach could come in and teach Benhart, Corcoran, Bando, and Prochazka how to effectively drive-block a defender, one on one. Get a lead blocker, and it's a 4 yard gain, at least, every play. Do it over and over, until you break the will of the team trying to stop us. Wouldn't that be something? Not many safeties in that scenario.

But I dream.

• Fire 1
Just now, ZRod said:

So you want us to play pee wee football. Got it.

Thank you!

We're 3-9. No post season for 5 years in a row now. THAT'S pee-wee football.

Air Force just got their 9th win tonight. They destroyed UNLV and their ultra-mega-awesome-spread passing offense 48-14. They're in the hunt for the Mountain West championship, and had a bowl game locked up weeks ago. If that's pee-wee football, I'll take it over 3-9.

4 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

We have an offensive line. Each young man is a rarity in the human population. Tall, huge, heavy, and strong. Collectively, I'd bet they could push a blocking sled that literally weighs a ton. 

They're being coached to do things that don't suit their size and strength. Imagine if a coach could come in and coach Benhart, Corcoran, Bando, and Prochazka how to effectively drive-block a defender, one on one. Get a lead blocker, and it's a 4 yard gain, at least, every play. Do it over and over, until you break the will of the team trying to stop us. Wouldn't that be something? Not many safeties in that scenario.

But I dream.

And they are all young. You know why the QB play looked the same today as it has all season, especially in crunch time? Cuz it was the same damn offensive line we had all season. You know why we looked so much better around the Northwestern win? Cuz we had shuffled out some weaknesses on the line. 

Injuries happened and we ended up with the same weak line we started with. Fix the line, fix the punter and kicker, and we've got an offense.

• Plus1 1