What did we learn Iowa edition

KCBuc

And another thing I “learned” is that I’m getting sick of walking back to the Embassy with Hawkeye fans razzing my now 15 yr old son about being a Husker fan.  I’m trying to remember all the losses and I’m not even sure of the dates anymore,  he’s never seen them win this game.  At age 9, 11, 13, and now at 15- never. Saw a beautiful win against MSU a few years back, but that’s it. 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I haven't read this thread so this might have been covered.

HITF do you get a touch-back on the opening kickoff, then decide to pow-wow the offense on the sideline, then yap so long that the team doesn't get lined up until there are less than 10 seconds on the play clock. By the time you get the signals called and motion run you end up with a delay of game call before the first snap while there is still 15:00 on the game clock. Not the first time this crap has happened either.

Infuriating, unbelievable and unacceptable!

Although inconsequential to the outcome of the game it is a microcosm of HCSF's poor game management and failure a head coach in a nutshell.

I truly wish ADTA would have just bit the bullet and cut ties with this clown we have as head coach.

I was screaming at the tv.  Truly how the hell does that happen.  You have the coin toss, the teams go out, the kick off, the ball is placed and we had several minutes for this and still got a penalty.  In all of my years watching football, I have never seen that.  EVER.  It was a microcosm of Frost's 4 years. The devil is in the details.  Frost does not concern himself with the details.  And it shows.  From penalties, errors, miscues, kicking to the wrong guy etc...And complete lack of a hurry up offense.

• Plus1 2

I learned Smothers is a decent QB. Also learned Frost is the problem we gave him every chance possible but this team keeps melting down and it's reflecting the leadership on the team in other words Frost. Once that punt was blocked we all had the feeling here we go again and the energy of the stadium changed. What we needed all year was a calming presence of the sideline from the coach. All the great coaches always seemed to have no emotion on the sidelines. I watched Frost today spend an entire quarter melting down on the sidelines yelling at refs with the body language like the ship was going down. Attitude reflects leadership captain and Frost has got to grow up. I want a coach not a whiny brat. After next year fire Frost keep Chins. I like the offense but have someone who can run it and be a leader and for goodness sake get a special teams coach enough is enough going forward.

• Plus1 1

I now question if Trev did the right thing in retaining Frost  I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but next year isn’t setting up well 

so what does Frost tell recruits and potential new coaches “We are just one player and one coach from getting over the hump “

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I now question if Trev did the right thing in retaining Frost  I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but next year isn’t setting up well 

so what does Frost tell recruits and potential new coaches “We are just one player and one coach from getting over the hump “

Recruits and coaches can see straight through anything he says. This kills the 2023 class now also and hurts 2024. If he doesn’t hire Helfrich, it will probably be the 10th guy he offers the job to.

5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

It wasn't Trev's decision to make to retain Frost. He was told by the Regents "we can't afford the $20 million buyout this year, so figure something else out", and that's what Trev did. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Recruits and coaches can see straight through anything he says. This kills the 2023 class now also and hurts 2024. If he doesn’t hire Helfrich, it will probably be the 10th guy he offers the job to.

Please no Helfrich.  Just no.  I am starting to think it is him or someone I will need to google. I'd prefer googling.

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

So you either want a young coach at a lesser level, like Frost or someone that has been around the block? That is very broad. Lol. You should pick a type. 

We cannot fire Frost unless we know the newbie will win. 

Winning isn't a guarantee, no matter who you hire. What I'm saying is, guys like Fickell and Napier can pick and choose where they want to go, and it won't be Nebraska. I know that money talks, but those other big schools can offer just as much as we will.

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Agreed

12 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Winning isn't a guarantee, no matter who you hire. What I'm saying is, guys like Fickell and Napier can pick and choose where they want to go, and it won't be Nebraska. I know that money talks, but those other big schools can offer just as much as we will.

I’m all in on Napier. He’s done a lot with little. 

2 hours ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Can we talk about Chinander? WTF defense was that today against a sh#### Iowa offense? Defense was getting gashed by the run game all day. 

We were missing three significant contributors on the defensive side. The offense and more specifically the special teams play were mostly our undoing. The defense played well enough for us to win.