Congratulations to Iowa

I would like to be the first to congratulate Iowa on coming out with the win today. It wasn't pretty, rarely is with Kirk Ferentz as coach, but they got with win. Ten wins on the year with the capstone win beating a 3-9 Nebraska team. And they should also be pumped their next best win was over the historic program against 7-4 Penn State! A season to remember indeed!

This is the pinnacle!! You've made it to the top and we are all witness! Can't wait to see you vie for that coveted Outback Bowl trophy to go next to that 2016 Rose Bowl (attendance) pennant! 

Note: 2022 will be more of a challenge as you have to face both Ohio State and Michigan next fall so cherish this!

• Oh Yeah! 2

9 minutes ago, lo country said:

I can't believe we still try to talk sh!t about programs that use us as a doormat.  We have winning records in the B1G against the power houses of Rutgers, Maryland and Indiana....Yea.  We are in the tier with these schools.  Thank Frost for this.  And unsure which of these we would beat.  

Is there not enough self loathing going on in other threads for you?  We all grieve differently, I guess. 

‘Be arrogant and cocky, even when you’re getting beat’

-Crash Davis

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Is there not enough self loathing going on in other threads for you?  We all grieve differently, I guess. 

‘Be arrogant and cocky, even when you’re getting beat’

-Crash Davis

I feel its petty  to talk trash about a team that scored 15 unanswered points that included a blocked punt and a safety.  Makes us look even more pathetic IMO.  But that's just me.."If we should lose, we'll stand by the road and cheer as  the winners go by".  That was a lot easier when we never lost.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

WD, I can understand the sour grapes. I can remember way back when you had a good team and how you pummeled many of the weak teams in your conference so that you would be ready for the big bowl game. This is the B1G and times are different! You have a horrible coach and since the new millennium, your team has been horrible. Good players and good guys, just one horrible coach after another. Your esteemed program is now a joke and officially the doormat of the B1G. 

Back in the day (when you were good) your packed stadium would applaud the losers as they came off the field after being beat to death. It was easy to be a great fan then (when winning), but great fans are built when times are tough. You suck at it. I actually thought that you were taking the high road with the “congratulations”” thread, but slamming Iowa’s program is where you and your team are at today, attempting to throw rocks at those superior to you.

Remember, though, the Buffalo win was one for the decades!

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, CyHawk said:

WD, I can understand the sour grapes. I can remember way back when you had a good team and how you pummeled many of the weak teams in your conference so that you would be ready for the big bowl game. This is the B1G and times are different! You have a horrible coach and since the new millennium, your team has been horrible. Good players and good guys, just one horrible coach after another. Your esteemed program is now a joke and officially the doormat of the B1G. 

Back in the day (when you were good) your packed stadium would applaud the losers as they came off the field after being beat to death. It was easy to be a great fan then (when winning), but great fans are built when times are tough. You suck at it. I actually thought that you were taking the high road with the “congratulations”” thread, but slamming Iowa’s program is where you and your team are at today, attempting to throw rocks at those superior to you.

I see you don't know how to take the high road either.

• Haha 1

I almost didn't read this cuz I thought it was sincere. f#&% taking the high road and f#&% them chickens. They are happy to slog out wins with boring football with a team full of gritty overachievers and never really accomplish anything. They will hang banners for a bowl game they didn't even attend. Their band members and fans will turn a great thing they do for kids into a social media weapon to try and burn other teams because they have nothing else. We have all the resources to become something they can't, and if Frost doesn't do it we will go after the next coach that will. And if that coach doesn't we will go after the next until we are back and they will be the same haters that go to the outback bowl sometimes. 

• Thanks 1

Folks, relax... this is a message board. There are threads in here dedicated to comparing what the pictures of our opponents look like, weather forecasts and an environmentally friendly way to handle balloon releases. Anyone taking this place too seriously needs to take a few months off. 

1 hour ago, CyHawk said:

What's funny is you talk about taking the high road but all your posts are trolling on an opposing fan base message board. Congratulations though my guy (or gal or dolphin, it's 2021 so I shouldn't assume your gender)! This is your Hawkeye peak, you have reached the summit! This is the best your program can do and it is right here and now! Live it up, relish it! 

We, as a fan base, are certainly envious of your schedule and your performance with the schedule that you and the conference established. Ignore the haters adding perspective that your best win was over a 7-4 Penn State. Ignore your former disgruntled players who had racial problems being in your program, it was all caused by and only attributable to the strength coach anyways! Hopefully lock Kirk Ferentz into a lifetime contract and keep his son on staff forever!

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1