Congratulations to Iowa

8 hours ago, lo country said:

I can't believe we still try to talk sh!t about programs that use us as a doormat.  We have winning records in the B1G against the power houses of Rutgers, Maryland and Indiana....Yea.  We are in the tier with these schools.  Thank Frost for this.  And unsure which of these we would beat.  

Completely agree with you lo country…we keep talking smack about other teams when Frost has managed to make this team bottom of the barrel. If northwestern beats Illinois, we are officially the worst team in the west and competing with Indiana for bottom of the conference. Iowa has beaten us seven times in a row. Until we can beat them twice in a row, we should shut up and hope this nightmare ends soon. Kirk has outcoached Frost 4 years in a row. In fact, every big ten coach has outcoached Frost multiple times. We beat a northwestern team that is having its worst year. That is our accomplishment. The problem is that our fans count moral victories rather than actual ones. You still have delusional fans that tell believe we are turning a corner. If turning a corner and going into a canyon counts as progress then yes. We have a team that can’t get out of its own way and a coach who is clueless yet we mock others with 10 wins in a season. No wonder we are cursed.

• Haha 1

I know that I talk some smack, but in all seriousness, I do hope that Nebraska gets back to its winning ways. The only way that the B1G will continue to to be prosperous for all teams (remember, the B1G splits tv and  bowl revenues after direct expenses) is for the conference to field strong teams with at least one team having a shot at the National Championship every year. 

What may very well save Nebraska is the transfer portal and NIL. The transfer portal will allow fresh players to come in and the NIL will allow donors to pay premiere athletes to come play. I don't like either, but it is the fastest and probably the cheapest way to get back on track.  Frost is a great guy, BUT, has proven that he does not have what it takes to lead. The only reason for the coaching shakeup is outside pressure, not from him. He should have seen it and taken action before forced to. He really needs to be shown the door.

58 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

I know that I talk some smack, but in all seriousness, I do hope that Nebraska gets back to its winning ways. The only way that the B1G will continue to to be prosperous for all teams (remember, the B1G splits tv and  bowl revenues after direct expenses) is for the conference to field strong teams with at least one team having a shot at the National Championship every year. 

What may very well save Nebraska is the transfer portal and NIL. The transfer portal will allow fresh players to come in and the NIL will allow donors to pay premiere athletes to come play. I don't like either, but it is the fastest and probably the cheapest way to get back on track.  Frost is a great guy, BUT, has proven that he does not have what it takes to lead. The only reason for the coaching shakeup is outside pressure, not from him. He should have seen it and taken action before forced to. He really needs to be shown the door.

The good (bad) news is that the expectations for Frost are now so low that he should meet them with ease.

5 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Unfortunately your right, some would look at 6-6 next year as an improvement.  But with the talent we can get in it should be minimum 8 wins.  

That is the issue.  Husker fans, a lot of them, will be fine with Frost making bowl games.  Then they have their winter vacation planned out for them.  They like how Frost represents the school and state, so any bowl game next year will be his new "year one".

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

That is the issue.  Husker fans, a lot of them, will be fine with Frost making bowl games.  Then they have their winter vacation planned out for them.  They like how Frost represents the school and state, so any bowl game next year will be his new "year one".

I think at 6-6 it would look like an improvement and that might buy frost another year.  I think if we arent seeing significant changes like beating teams by 2 touchdowns handly most of the season no improvements have been made.  

13 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

I mean, I get what you're trying to say. Really though there is only one team that outright beat us this year- Ohio State. The rest took advantage of our self implosions. They didn't do anything themselves to beat us.

Its like winning a game of pool with 4 balls on the table, when the better shot scratched on the 8 ball. Sure you get the W. but you didn't do anything to earn it.

Man this statement is dense as hell. Common man, we trailed in like the vast majority of the games we lost. I grow tired of this whole 9 losses by single digits Bs- we were down double digits to both Purdue and Minnesota and last second scores brought it to single digits- those games were over welll in advance of the final whistle.

lastly, “only Ohio state outright beat us.” Man maybe I was just too drunk from the booze I needed to consume to drink away the pain of ineptitude I was witnessing cause I recall it wasn’t only Ohio state, it was also-

-Illinois capitalizing on our turnovers and inability to control time of possession

-Oklahoma not allowing us to do s#!t offensively

-Michigan state capitalize on our poor special teams and taking advantage of a team with no offensive identity in overtime 

-Michigan, coming to our house in a raucous environment, they earned that W 

-Purdue, once again, stifling whatever u wanna call our offense

-Minnesota- for what feels like the 10th year in a row beat us by being both more physical and sound in their approach

-Wisconsin- ran the ball right down our throats 

-Iowa- Got the W on the road by playing some pretty clean football and capitalizing on what’s given to them, something this program seems to have been lacking since Bo’s top secondary units of 09.

I get it, we could have won the majority of the games had we not had some self inflicted BS, but at some point a random occurrence becomes a trend and the trend is we are inept at taking advantage of others team mistakes and we are beyond inept at playing a clean game on our side. At some point we gotta be accountable