How long until you stop being angry about all of this?

knapplc

Everyone's mad right now. When will you get over your anger?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was irritated after going to the Illinois game, and not thrilled after going to the Oklahoma game because the same issues as the last 4 years were the reason why we lost. Since then I've been totally meh about it. Went to the Iowa Knotfest instead of watching Michigan State. Watched the rest of the games but didn't feel much after because they felt status quo. My dad didn't buy the season tickets we'd since 2001 again this year and we're glad we didn't.

Wanted Frost gone but he's back for one more year so I'm not gonna waste time fretting over what I can't control. I'll still root for this team and probably watch most of the games next year but I've got more important things to worry about in my life than Husker football

• Thanks 1

Honestly, I don't really get angry anymore.  This game sucked a little more than most losses because I know a few Iowa fans, and we also had a chance to take Iowa out of B1G contention, but I was really only frustrated.  I've been "over it" since the season started.

My answer to the question was more in terms of when I'll be over the apathy of watching this program fail, and that'll be when we win a conference championship for the first time in over 2 decades.  

• Plus1 1

50 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:
• 15-29 overall (3-9 this year which is now worse than before the season)
• 10-28 against Power 5 opponents (1-9 this year)
• 0-13 against ranked opponents (0-6 this year)
• 4-16 in road games (0-5 this year)
• 5-20 in one score games (0-8 this year)
• 1-7 coming off bye weeks (0-5 coming off scheduled byes) (0-2 this year)

:steam

When these type of stats end.

So Pelini couldn’t win the ranked games so let’s fire him and retain Frost cause he’s so much better 

I'm not really angry.

Week after week there's encouragement. Traveling along good then BAM struck on the side of the head. A coup-contrecoup. Nearing the end of the game and shortly after I'm asking myself what the hell happened. Many things going good a few things destroying it.  I want to believe.  I get back in for another ride smacked in the head of again next game. Just enough critical occurrences always sticking an oar into winning. Repetitive contusions. 

These types of things happen to teams. We have so many of them that's what's confounding. It's inexplicable! 

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Every one of us is mad, just in different ways.

How long will this last? Is this like 1982 Penn State - we'll never forget?

What will it take for you to get over the last few years?

When folks stop feeling angry over these past 4 years of Frost, it's the first sign that apathy has set in. Most administrators would rather have anger and fans feeling emotions from the program than become apathetic.  I honestly have no idea why any fan would be optimistic about the 2022 season given Frost is back as the coach other than the fact that we have a much easier schedule than we have had in some time.  The one Power 5 team we beat in 2021 (Northwestern) we play in Ireland to open the 2022 season.  On paper we should be able to beat NW, but given we will have many new players, some new coaches and be in a brand new environment, even that game seems like it could be a struggle.