How long until you stop being angry about all of this?

knapplc

Everyone's mad right now. When will you get over your anger?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Was mad once the safety happened. Then I sadly laughed as you could just see the inevitable was going to happen. Then we officially lost and I shrugged my shoulders and gave thanks that the season was finally over. I didn’t care the moment the clock read 00:00 and the teams were walking onto the field.

I think they call this apathy. Thankfully there is YouTube and my own memories to keep the 90s and early 2000’s alive. But I’ve officially not allowed Nebraska football ruin my weekend or weeks or even months like it used to. Just whatever, we are terrible, but thankfully we have a great fan base to engage with and have a great history to always remember. 

• Fire 1

There was a time I tied part of my self worth and identity to the success of the football team. Then I had kids, grew in my career, and found much better things to base my mental and emotional health on than 18-22 year olds playing a game. 

A Husker loss now is no different than sitting through a movie with a s#!tty ending. Sure I might've wished for a different outcome, but I was happy to be entertained for 3 hours. 

I think I quit getting overly mad about this team in my late teenage years.  Now days I just find things too comical.  Today the second half consisted on guessing the number of plays in a drive and it said drive ended in punt or turnover.  Even ahead you just knew the final result was going to be the status quo for this program.

Scott’s first year I was minimally to half way optimistic.  Soured during year two and have just been whatever the last two.  No expectations leads to no disappointment or pleasant surprise in their performance now.  

• Plus1 1

fan apathy is the first step to sustained irrelevance. By most objective standards, we are already there. When the donor's stop talking with their money, that's when sh*t gets super real. I have to think that is part of why we are where we are. It all comes down to money. Cost to get rid of Frost is simply too high. So we have to wait until next season. By then, the damage could be severe. Or we could find the next Barry Alvarez and find someone who rebuilds the program in 4 years, take us to the Rose Bowl and has many more years of success competing for the B1G, Does that mean we will compete for a national championship again...maybe, maybe not. But you got to start by winning our division, and playing for the conference. Without those steps, we can never and will never progress. We haven't done that since the horrific embarrassment in 2012. (70 points against us anyone?) we havent even come close. For a team with a championship tradition, we sure don't look like it.

Honestly, not really that angry because of how consistent the ineptitude is. Really wanted frost to work, and maybe, just maybe the .05% chance the staff restructure actually works out; but I think I’ve finally arrived to the point that this whole team is being crushed by a loser culture and mentality and only wholesale changes will fix that.

didn’t answer your question tho- I’d say I’d honestly forget this if and when we win the division next year. 

While it sucks, today’s game meant absolutely nothing. I was more pissed at the outcomes of the Minnesota and Purdue games.

Bigger picture, nothing compares to 01 Colorado. And this doesn’t come close to the embarrassment of the 2012 big10 title game

3 hours ago, Undone said:

I will be significantly less mad if Frost hires a legitimate full time special teams coach in the offseason.

Someone on Twitter pointed out that we had overloaded punt protection on the right side of the formation, even tho our punter is left footed, leaving the kicking side essentially unblocked…. But naw, our ST doing great we don’t need a full time coach

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Someone on Twitter pointed out that we had overloaded punt protection on the right side of the formation, even tho our punter is left footed, leaving the kicking side essentially unblocked…. But naw, our ST doing great we don’t need a full time coach

So it was feast mode...They were licking their chops. Details!

What a uniquely upsetting season. We are more competetive than we were under Riley in so many ways but we are so bad at winning games its actually comical. So many epic moments in the making this season and we didn't capitalize on a single one. It was hard to watch knowing it was going to happen again in the 4th. Gut wrenching stuff if you are on that Husker sideline for sure. Couldn't feel worse for the players. There were moments to be proud of but in the end it wasn't enough time and time again. 

And now I'm not mad anymore. Thanks knapp

32 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Is Prystop (sp?) Right footed? Not that that is an excuse

I spent some time thinking about this question, and I think my initial anger about the result of the Iowa game was somewhat misplaced. Mostly, what really gets me mad is what seems like willing ignorance of Scott Frost. Based on his press conferences, my impression is that he refuses to learn from mistakes. Simply jettisoning some assistant coaches after the plane has already crashed into the ground seems "too little, too late" to me. If he actually had learned from mistakes I think he would have taken those actions sooner. Some of the things he says in press conferences are pretty alarming. He truly comes across as though he doesn't have any answers, other than to say "we're close" and take very little accountability for the results of the past 4 years.

Continuing to say those things, take almost no responsibility for the state of the program, and making no changes to the way he runs things...those are the things that make me mad. The only thing that gives me reason to hope, is the possibility of hiring new assistant coaches who can make meaningful changes. BUT, again, this comes back to Frost making changes to his way of running the program and starting to take responsibility, which seems unlikely. So, until proven otherwise, I'm expecting much more of the same.

I am watching Ohio st and Michigan and keep wondering if we will ever be relevant again. It is definitely not going to happen in 2022 and that was decided by an AD who thought that saving a few million is worth us diving deeper into irrelevance. He just created a year of chaos with a lame duck coach on a hot seat trying to save a boat that is 90% sunk. I am still super mad at the Iowa loss because that one win would have started a chain reaction of good things in the offseason. It would have at least got the monkey off Frost’s back and helped him build on it going into offseason. Instead, we are taking the worst loss of this season into the offseason trying to do the impossible…have Frost magically turn into a competent coach…2023 cannot come any sooner.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1