How long until you stop being angry about all of this?

knapplc

Everyone's mad right now. When will you get over your anger?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, dspanther05 said:

I'm not even mad. Watching the end of the games is comical to me at this point. Only suspense is how they are going to lose at the end. Strip sack fumble? Bad interception? Horrible special teams play? Endless possibilities.

I think I laughed the loudest I've laughed in a month when they blocked that punt.

We all just knew what was going to happen at that point.

• Oh Yeah! 1

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I think I laughed the loudest I've laughed in a month when they blocked that punt.

We all just knew what was going to happen at that point.

I texted my buddies when we were up 21-9 that this was a different way to lose a one score game. They yelled at me but I just knew. Then that block happened.

• Plus1 1
22 hours ago, lo country said:

I'm numb to it.  Just waiting for Frost to be fired so we can be relevant again.  I am still mad about PSU in 82, the Floyd TD that wasn't, the phantom block in the back.  I still hate FSU for having never beaten them.  This is just a mind numbing apathy.

I hear you and agree.  PSU, FSU both were games stolen from us that cost Tom 2 NC.  

After the Illinois game, I decided not to go to the Okla Cornhusker Club.  I wasn't going to waste my time watching a disappointing team and pay money to do so.  I have been a member there since 2000 and I've been a Husker fan since 1970.  This is the worse it has been.  Pretty bad when I long for the 50/50 days of Mike Riley.  Bo's 9 win seasons would seem like a dream now.    So yes - apathy has set in.  I won't renew my Okla Cornhusker Club membership until the admin makes the major changes needed to turn this around.  That means spending real money on a real proven coach who has long term P5 success.  We have seen what it is like going after the 'flash in the pan' guy.  Frost seemed like the perfect fit with the perfect 13-0 season to his credit - but he had not been proven.  Never again hopefully.  Bo had no head coaching experience and couldn't get us over the hump, MR was always a .500 coach and Frost only had 2 years of HC experience to his credit. Enough for settling for someone who doesn't have a clue how to win in our conference.  At this point, I'd like to see TA fire Frost, pay out the big bucks, and hire Tom Herman.  The $20million buy out can be chalked up to a expensive learning experience.  But no, we are going to force this mess on the fan base, on the players, and on the Univ for another year.  Let's just let total apathy set in.  One more year of Frost will add 2 more years to the rebuild after Frost.  So what will that coach require - a 10 year contract???  I hope Urb is available next fall (after Scott fails after 4 games) and is up to the challenge of building up a proud old program once again in the Big 10.  

I don't hold out much hope that Frost can bring in any coaches that can turn this mess around next year.  As long as Frost is in control, the losing mindset will remain.  I cannot believe his comment about the blocked punt - basically the game was over at that time. 

I'll add that I voted "after Frost is fired".  I'm not really mad just frustrated, disappointed, and full of apathy at this point.  There are worse things to get mad about in this world - this is just a game.  But it does affect many lives.  I guess I could say I'm angry that Frost doesn't recognize that he isn't the man for this job.  He appears to be too arrogant to admit his scheme, his experience and ability is not sufficient for this conference.  

I hope next year, if it trends like this year, that Frost will be gone quick - in the same way USC fired their coach.   Of course I dream as all Husker fans do that by some miracle it all gets turned around and he goes 8-4 or better. But that is as likely as Frost winning a one score game. 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I hear you and agree.  PSU, FSU both were games stolen from us that cost Tom 2 NC.  

After the Illinois game, I decided not to go to the Okla Cornhusker Club.  I wasn't going to waste my time watching a disappointing team and pay money to do so.  I have been a member there since 2000 and I've been a Husker fan since 1970.  This is the worse it has been.  Pretty bad when I long for the 50/50 days of Mike Riley.  Bo's 9 win seasons would seem like a dream now.    So yes - apathy has set in.  I won't renew my Okla Cornhusker Club membership until the admin makes the major changes needed to turn this around.  That means spending real money on a real proven coach who has long term P5 success.  We have seen what it is like going after the 'flash in the pan' guy.  Frost seemed like the perfect fit with the perfect 13-0 season to his credit - but he had not been proven.  Never again hopefully.  Bo had no head coaching experience and couldn't get us over the hump, MR was always a .500 coach and Frost only had 2 years of HC experience to his credit. Enough for settling for someone who doesn't have a clue how to win in our conference.  At this point, I'd like to see TA fire Frost, pay out the big bucks, and hire Tom Herman.  The $20million buy out can be chalked up to a expensive learning experience.  But no, we are going to force this mess on the fan base, on the players, and on the Univ for another year.  Let's just let total apathy set in.  One more year of Frost will add 2 more years to the rebuild after Frost.  So what will that coach require - a 10 year contract???  I hope Urb is available next fall (after Scott fails after 4 games) and is up to the challenge of building up a proud old program once again in the Big 10.  

I don't hold out much hope that Frost can bring in any coaches that can turn this mess around next year.  As long as Frost is in control, the losing mindset will remain.  I cannot believe his comment about the blocked punt - basically the game was over at that time. 

I'll add that I voted "after Frost is fired".  I'm not really mad just frustrated, disappointed, and full of apathy at this point.  There are worse things to get mad about in this world - this is just a game.  But it does affect many lives.  I guess I could say I'm angry that Frost doesn't recognize that he isn't the man for this job.  He appears to be too arrogant to admit his scheme, his experience and ability is not sufficient for this conference.  

I hope next year, if it trends like this year, that Frost will be gone quick - in the same way USC fired their coach.   Of course I dream as all Husker fans do that by some miracle it all gets turned around and he goes 8-4 or better. But that is as likely as Frost winning a one score game. 

I can't argue any of your points.  I have been a fan a long time as well.  Not since 1970, but close.  It has been a rough 20 plus years.  Keeping Frost ensures he is here for at least 2 years.  Too many built in excuses for next year.  And sadly 6-6 will be considered monumental.  Compared to NU's history it is horrible, but looked at through the optics of Frost, he doubled his wins in one year.  Because 2022 will in fact be a reset and year 1 game 1.

I look at the money guys are getting now with extensions or new contracts 75-95 million and it's insane.  But then I look at paying Frost 20 million and then offer someone like Herman a 5 year 40 million deal (as an example) and we are spending 60 million for a guy who would excite the fan base, recruits and checks a lot of blocks.  

Frost is arrogant to a fault.  Goes back to what he thinks will win vs what will win. And can;t help himself.  He appears to want to be the smartest guy in the room regardless of the cost.  He rides AM literally and figuratively into the ground to prove how is guy is taht good.  Even if it cost the team some games.  Wanted the redemption game for AM at all costs.  

And the comment that he knew the blocked punt changed the game told me all I need to know.  He has no answers to have the team push through these issues.  Has no idea how to fix these gut punches.  He, and the team, expect them.  And no answers to keep the team together when disaster strikes.  And at that point we still had the lead and there was plenty of time on the clock.  He said that he saw they pulled their LB's out to try and stop the option so he went to inside running......THEY SWITCHED UP in an attempt to stop it, BUT HE called plays to make sure the option ended....That's poor coaching.  And it's his 6th year as a HC.  Make them physically stop what you are doing.  Don't stop it for them...

Apathy has set in.  Just can't believe that we keep a guy after 4 years and his best season was 5 wins...Five.  And now 3-9.  And back for one more.

ap·a·thy
noun
lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.

If I had any apathy for this team, why would I waste 3.5-4 hours watching them? I'm sick of hearing that word being tossed out because some fans think other fans are okay with giving Frost another year. If Frost fails to win 8 games next year, you'll get your wish and Frost will be fired. Gaurantee. Then as Nebraska fans we can go through this whole head coaching cycle again and get to watch probably another staff fail to please us.

I use to think Frost was arrogant, now I think he’s cognitively one standard deviation below the mean. He seems to do ok game planning, but doesn’t seem to understand the late game mental stuff that these grizzly B10 coaches play. 

i am slightly more hopeful today. No one gave up and it sure would’ve been easy to 

• Haha 1