Instant reactions Iowa loss

solesrfr

26 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Which jobs? TCU and SMU have closed. Will Miami open up? He is an analyst for the Bears for crying out loud. Not OC for the Bears or even a QB coach. 

He can wait as long as he wants for a more favorable job. He doesn't need to be in a rush; he's still making millions from Texas. If you seriously expect us to land someone of his caliber as OC, you're going to be terribly disappointed. It's gonna be either Helfrich or some other no-name coach that very few people have ever heard of.

10 minutes ago, IUHusker said:

Shut down the football program.  

it’s impossible to defend Frost at this point no matter how hard you try.  8-4 next year is the bare minimum, and if Alberts doesn’t want to lose the fan base he needs to announce the minimum win loss requirements prior to the season.  

LOL that's what fans were saying before this season :lol:

57 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

He can wait as long as he wants for a more favorable job. He doesn't need to be in a rush; he's still making millions from Texas. If you seriously expect us to land someone of his caliber as OC, you're going to be terribly disappointed. It's gonna be either Helfrich or some other no-name coach that very few people have ever heard of.

LOL that's what fans were saying before this season :lol:

That’s why Trev Alberts needs to have a press conference before next season laying out the minimum win/loss requirement for Frost to stay.

4 hours ago, solesrfr said:

C

I said the same thing as AC only before he said. Frost actions and body language of the sideline was a meltdown infected the entire team and you could see it. He might be fine as a OC and keep Chins as DC, but we need a head coach that can hold it together and lead

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, IUHusker said:

Shut down the football program.  

it’s impossible to defend Frost at this point no matter how hard you try.  8-4 next year is the bare minimum, and if Alberts doesn’t want to lose the fan base he needs to announce the minimum win loss requirements prior to the season.  

8-4 simply is not possible, my ceiling for this team is 6-6 next year. 

I know fans want to believe that we're 'close' because of 1 score losses, but many of them are late TDs to turn 14 point losses into 7 point losses (Purdue and Minnesota come to mind). 

This program, the direction, the recruiting, it's all abysmal. They need to fire Frost now, next seasons recruiting class can't be sacrificed just to continue the Frost experiment any more.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
9 hours ago, lo country said:

This. A splash hire.  Opens up that Texas pipeline that the talking heads say we need.  He knows the B1G and can develop QB's.  I hope you are correct.  If we hear nothing with all the big time games on tomorrow, I feel like we are screwed.

But why would they come here?  To be an assistant to a lame duck coach. 

Unless, is there any possibility TA is involved and there is a implied offer of being the next head guy? It could be a win-win then, if you get the offense humming it only boosts his resume, but if the team fails, it’s still on the head coach and you get the opportunity to take over?

I know, probably far fetched, but otherwise I just can’t see why someone would take that job.  Unless we’re going to throw boat loads of cash at them. 

"The blocked punt was the game."

The fact that some NU fans and NU's new athletic director put up with this attitude from a head coach is what shocks me. That smugness that seems to say I've coached it so they should be able to do it right every time is written all over Frost's face. Then the quotes this guy spews...ridiculous.

Stryker article was spot on.  When they were still ahead Huskers were playing chuck and duck like they were trying to make a comeback. Screen passes and sack on short downs.  RUN the BALL.  

First post here, and I'm the kid who grew up in Atlantic, Iowa paying attention only to Husker football in the 70's.  Iowa Stater still a Huskers fan.  Best fans in America, and that's from my experience with them at Cyclone Stadium. Trev promised you guys another year of this, and he wants to be a man of his word.  Yikes!! Why can't Nebraska be one of the best jobs in America?  Hire Ed Orgeron, Tom Herman, Dave Aranda; anyone who knows how to build.  Find some O linemen and running backs and get back to running the ball.  

1 hour ago, ISU81 said:

"The blocked punt was the game."

The fact that some NU fans and NU's new athletic director put up with this attitude from a head coach is what shocks me. That smugness that seems to say I've coached it so they should be able to do it right every time is written all over Frost's face. Then the quotes this guy spews...ridiculous.

Stryker article was spot on.  When they were still ahead Huskers were playing chuck and duck like they were trying to make a comeback. Screen passes and sack on short downs.  RUN the BALL.  

First post here, and I'm the kid who grew up in Atlantic, Iowa paying attention only to Husker football in the 70's.  Iowa Stater still a Huskers fan.  Best fans in America, and that's from my experience with them at Cyclone Stadium. Trev promised you guys another year of this, and he wants to be a man of his word.  Yikes!! Why can't Nebraska be one of the best jobs in America?  Hire Ed Orgeron, Tom Herman, Dave Aranda; anyone who knows how to build.  Find some O linemen and running backs and get back to running the ball.  

Welcome. You make a lot of good point points. The Big 10 West is wide open to win with the players we have. The argument that no coaches will come here is lame IMO. Winnable division, strong fanbase, strong financial support, rich tradition. The recruiting is tough argument has some merit but we need to grab a tackle out of Minnesota and a LB and RB out of Illinois or Ohio and stop thinking a wide out from California is the cure all. 

On 11/26/2021 at 10:20 PM, krc1995 said:

Am I not seeing something with Brody Belt? 

and while I’m at it- what the heck with the circle loop. I think Toure did it in the first quarter- I actually thought, Whoops!  But then some else did it late. You know what I’m talking about? 

On 11/26/2021 at 10:55 PM, lo country said:

It’s like a player goes in motion, but then circles around the QB and RB.  What purpose does that serve?  

As to Belt, it’s a feel good story, but further proof of the inability of Held to develop the RB room.  

It serves two purposes. 

1. To help the QB identify what the defense is in. 

2. To hopefully get the defense out of position. It might be more effective if we ever ran jet sweep out of it. But the thinking is you get the defense to over commit to the motion side and then run back to the starting side. 

• Thanks 1
On 11/26/2021 at 11:01 PM, lo country said:

If we hear nothing with all the big time games on tomorrow, I feel like we are screwed.

I guess we are screwed. Most likely this will become Oregon east as Frost most likely announces his former boss as his OC

3 interesting Husker history entries for this weekend that are somewhat related to current events:

Bill Jennings is fired on this weekend.  Arguably Frost is a worse coach yet he is retained.  And we also need to find our next Bob Devaney - who can start a whole new

Nebraska story with NO link to our storied past of Devaney/Osborne. Time to let that era die emotionally - cut the ties.  It is already dead in practice.  

Carl Pelini takes on a HC job and Bo's defenses were never as good after Carl and Sanders left. 

Mike Riley fires his ST coordinator.  Frost needs to hire a ST coordinator.  

https://www.huskermax.com/pastnews/week/2016_11_27.html

1961: Nebraska gives coach Bill Jennings the pink slip and finally hires a new athletic director, Tippy Dye. On the list of likely successors to Jennings, nowhere to be found is the coach who would get the job and turn the program around, Bob Devaney.

2011: Nebraska defensive coordinator Carl Pelini's move to head coach at Florida Atlantic is all but official.

2016: Bruce Read is fired as Mike Riley's special teams coordinator.