New Staff Selection

I just wanted to start a thread to keep track of when staff is hired.  And to talk about time line and specific guys not just rumors.  One that covers all of the available guys.  Not that this info  would get lost in the threads, but we just have a lot of threads.

This will be a spot that Sir Yacht, Jessica, The Sock Puppet and the aquarium guy can post when they confirm who we are getting.

When do y'all think the new staff will be announced?

Will the new OC get to hire his guys?

Will Frost/Trev hire each position?

Sean Snyder is now following some Huskers.  Unsure what that translate too.

Mods-If this thread ia a waste of band with feel free to delete.

I'm hoping we here things either tonight or tomorrow after the final regular season games, meaning they had a plan and are acting on it. The longer this goes the more likely it is they are scrambling.

I hope the new OC can bring who he wants and Frost/Trev stay out of it more than the final approval.  If Frost is hiring individually then it is for his system and preferences probably.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Sean Snyder would be a good get. Success in special teams at both KSU and USC. 

I have a bad feeling that Frost and Co. have literally no clue who they're going to get at offensive coordinator or OL coach. This might get ugly.

Do you really believe Trev and Scott didn’t sit down and go over what they want and who they want before deciding to let Scott come back. Trev doesn’t seem like a guy that doesn’t prepare and have a plan . 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

38 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I'm hoping we here things either tonight or tomorrow after the final regular season games, meaning they had a plan and are acting on it. The longer this goes the more likely it is they are scrambling.

I hope the new OC can bring who he wants and Frost/Trev stay out of it more than the final approval.  If Frost is hiring individually then it is for his system and preferences probably.

This is my concern.  The longer it goes, we are getting further and further down our list.  I assume they had a plan and maybe put out feelers, but things change.  I'd hope the new OC brings in who he wants.  I am sure that Frost will have input, but it seems like yoou are simply hiring for one year if the HC just picks.  We need that O staff to already know each other and share a common philosophy/scheme.  

If this goes into next weekend, it's going to get interesting.  And not in a good way.

Just now, chamrocck said:

Watch the end of LSU game. If those are guys coming then it has been done for awhile and announcement could be soon.

You asked earlier if we'd be excited for one suggestion, I can tell you right now I'm not excited to hire a bunch of guys who just got fired for stinking it up with top 10 talent.

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Watch the end of LSU game. If those are guys coming then it has been done for awhile and announcement could be soon.

Good point. I remember a quote from Peetz last year or before talking about working under Saban.  To paraphrase, every person had a job to do it and the support to be successful.  Every one was aware of the expectations.  And they were met or guys didn't play......Maybe if he comes, he brings that.   Recent ties to the NFL could be a recruiting tool as well.

9 minutes ago, runningblind said:

You asked earlier if we'd be excited for one suggestion, I can tell you right now I'm not excited to hire a bunch of guys who just got fired for stinking it up with top 10 talent.

They are from the SEC where every game os like the Super Bowl.  Going 6-6 in the SEC is like going 12-1 and losing in the conference championship in the other conferences :D

The total offense is ranked 90th...We are 24th.

There red zone rank is 81 and we are 111

• Haha 1

Frosty will hire someone who can run his system.  Arrogance.  Nothing says that Chins will stay.  If I were Chins, seeing 4 guys fired for really for no reason other than needing someone to take a dump on, i would be looking elsewhere.  If Frost gets the O figured out and the defense takes a dump, Chins is out next year.   With the current openings, I can see someone approaching Chins as a DC. 

Sean Snyder might be a good person or fit as Head coach here.  He knows and has seen a program being built from nothing to something.  He would at least run the ball and play defense, with a special teams that would be a factor.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2